Night time cravings.

Options
I do really well all day but when evening rolls around and I am watching TV I want to snack. I normally have a mini bag of popcorn but after that I continue to feel the need to snack even when I'm not hungry. I am working on this but am wondering what others do to beat this urge :)

Replies

• shayhyatt934
    shayhyatt934 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. Right now I just drink a lot of water, it makes me feel full.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I usually snack during TV to distract myself and zone out. Try a mindless game on your phone. Or if the tv show is so boring you need to eat to make it interesting, turn it off and do something else. Without snacking I have dropped some of my shows and read instead.
  • JonKinarthy
    JonKinarthy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. Physically staying out of the kitchen helps me. Also avoiding food shows. Also try to link going to bed hungry with success in your head, so that going to bed hungry actually makes you feel good. Last resort, save some calories for a snack. Good luck!
  • ciki90
    ciki90 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try relaxation methods for the evening... A hot bath, or guided meditation videos. Sometimes your body is craving nurture if you've had a stressful day. If you're still hungry you can drink a cup of hot herbal tea and relax. If you feel your evening meal is not satisfying, make sure it is well rounded - protein, healthy fats, carbs with plenty of fiber - and make sure the meal hits every flavor to satiate your tastes. Salty, spicy, sweet, bitter, umami, and sour. It's proven that if your meal is well rounded that you're less likely to reach for something snacky later! As always remember to practice mindful eating and really enjoy your foods. Take the time to taste and enjoy every bite!
  • tuckertown
    tuckertown Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great information!!! Thanks to each of you :)
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I usually have one of those small bags of microwave popcorn as well. It helps to eat the popcorn really slowly, one piece at a time. I also sip sparking water as I eat it. I can usually drag out one of those little bags over an hour of TV watching. After that, the kitchen is closed for the evening.