First time mama who let it go way out of hand!

Options
aglunt717
aglunt717 Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! :)
I am Anouschka, from the Netherlands, now living in the USA, 24 years old and a first time mama.
I got pregnant January 2014 and I thought I could eat whatever I wanted because I was pregnant.
Well, did that slap me in the face! I honestly thought I would lose the weight like snapping my fingers after I had her in October, well, I did lose 20 pounds right away but apparently there is such a thing as "post partum weight gain". Well I am back to my dreaded 200 something pounds and it is just time to take action. My daughter is now 6 months old and we got to get to know how a baby works by now, so now it is time to work on myself some more.

I started eating "clean" a week ago, and I am signing up for the gym starting Monday, I plan on going to the gym at least 5 times a week, and if I can't make it one day I plan on doing something else active. My ultimate goal is to lose 60 lbs for sure.

I hope MFP can help me keep track and maybe give me more ideas for recipes.
Also I still don't fully know what my calorie intake should be and my macros so I hope to learn more too :)

Thank you for reading!

Replies

• cschutzmi8
    cschutzmi8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also a first time mama and my weight is out of control. I've been using MFP for a month and a half. I plan on starting to get active and always trying to find new foods that are good.
  • aglunt717
    aglunt717 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Aww how old is your little one? :smiley: and how do you plan to get active? Maybe we can motivate each other! ^^
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    4 kids here. 12, 9, 20 months, and 10 months. Not trying to lose but focusing on strength, I get the struggles that come with finding time around kids! Check out iifym.com for help with macros.
  • lisamg01
    lisamg01 Posts: 1
    Options
    I can relate! My baby is 16 months and i still need to lose ten lbs to be back to where I was!
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I gained 100lbs during and shortly after my pregnancy. I didn't notice how big I was actually getting because of my pregnant belly. My daughter is 2 now and I'm working hard to get back to a healthy size.
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    And to figure out your macros and how much you should be eating I highly suggest Feeding Fitness's videos on Youtube. He is actually a MFP member and is in the top of the success stories (his user name is Vismal). The fist video is called "Feeding Fitness: Creating a weight loss plan Part 1" and there are 4 parts I believe. He covers any questions you should have and makes it all very easy to understand.
  • fitbitgabby
    Options
    lisamg01 wrote: »
    I can relate! My baby is 16 months and i still need to lose ten lbs to be back to where I was!

I need to loose about 80 pounds... FTM 16 MONTH OLD.