Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    make spinach chips!!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I made some baby spinach yesterday and we all loved it. All i did was add 1/4 cup of chicken stock to a sauce pan, then filled in to the top with spinach and put the lid and then let it steam. I stirred it twice and then turn off the stove once it wilts.You can add salt and or garlic powder if you want.
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Fernandomike
    Fernandomike Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Buy BABY spinach, its sweet and easily eaten on its own, or with just some salt and pepper. I'm just about to have some with a steak.......yummy! :)

:bigsmile:

This. Baby spinach isn't at all bitter. It is useful in all kinds of ways, but since I eat at least one sandwich a day, the easiest way to use it is as a substitute for lettuce.
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    a little bit of fresh squeezed orange juice, olive oil, & lemon juice makes a great dressing for raw spinach. It takes away the bitter flavor completely.
  • beckusjane
    beckusjane Posts: 112
    Options
    Here is my suggestion. Ive heard its gross but it works for me. When I eat my fresh spinach, I use about 1.5 cups and add 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese then squirt some horseradish mustard on top and stir it all in. Sounds gross, tastes yummy:smile:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! I can't wait to try the ideas! Yum
  • rockridge5203
    rockridge5203 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try my Green Berry Blast Recipe!

1 c soy or almond milk (lots of 'milk' choices nowadays!)
    1/2 c frozen spinach
    1 c frozen berries
    1/2--or 1 frozen banana to taste
    1 tbl almond butter
    1 tsp agave syrup or honey
    few sprinkles of stevia powder or drops (you can get stevia now at supermarkets and trader joes)
    blend til smooth..adjust seasoning to taste..can be delicious!