C-section Ladies Need Advice!

Options
What really works best? I've had two children both csections ages 10 and 3 still having most trouble getting the tummy off need major help as I'm the matron of honor in a wedding in 2 months! Need advice please! June is around the corner and approaching fast!

Replies

• skeltonblues
    skeltonblues Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What really works best? I've had two children both csections ages 10 and 3 still having most trouble getting the tummy off need major help as I'm the matron of honor in a wedding in 2 months! Need advice please! June is around the corner and approaching fast!

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Doing Russian twists with a kettlebell and going to yoga/ pilates. Work on building your core muscles. I also go to spin class. The core muscles will keep that pooch in.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Are your stomach muscles seperated? (U can sometimes tell this by if ur tummy is a bit hard or all squishy) though u cant spot reduce. Just lose weight. It will come off everywhere but some will be around ur middle
  • skeltonblues
    Options
    Doing Russian twists with a kettlebell and going to yoga/ pilates. Work on building your core muscles. I also go to spin class. The core muscles will keep that pooch in.

Great thank you will add those in!
  • skeltonblues
    Options
    Are your stomach muscles seperated? (U can sometimes tell this by if ur tummy is a bit hard or all squishy) though u cant spot reduce. Just lose weight. It will come off everywhere but some will be around ur middle

Not sure what if they are what's that mean?
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    I have this really weird area that I call my "c/s shelf". I've lost a decent amount of weight and exercise a bit, but that pudge area will not budge for me. I did pop open my incision on my 2nd/last c/s and it healed a little differently so maybe mine is due to that. It is annoying though! I have a fairly small waist and then you hit that bump....
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    If theyre seperated u will not be able to tone them. Though u can still do core exercises. ( not crunches and such though) I too have the pooch right above my incision. Unfortunatly only a tummy tuck will get rid of it as its lose skin and not fat. How much do u have to lose OP?
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    If theyre seperated u will not be able to tone them. Though u can still do core exercises. ( not crunches and such though) I too have the pooch right above my incision. Unfortunatly only a tummy tuck will get rid of it as its lose skin and not fat. How much do u have to lose OP?

But how can we tell if they separated our muscles? I guess I have lose skin and not so much fat then. No money for a tuck so I will have to live with it :(
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    A dr checked mine for me but u can infact feel it. There will be a gap in your abdominal muscles, right down the middle. Sometimes if u lie flat on ur back u can check this yourself
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have same issue and mine was 3 years ago gonna look into yoga and Pilates. Anyone do any good yoga or Pilates DVDs ?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Google "Diastasis recti", that is the separation of ab muscles. Otherwise lift heavy, reduce bf% and be patient.
  • skeltonblues
    Options
    Thanks everyone!