Tall Ladies with a lot to lose!

Options
Hello there!

Are there any fellow tall ladies 5'8" and above looking to lose a fair amount of weight? We are taller, bigger and our target weight is waaaay above 110 and a size 0 but we can do it!!

Here are my stats:

F/27
Height: 6'1"
SW: 330
CW: 274
GW: 189 (Which puts my BMI at 24.9- I will re-evaluate the goal once I'm there)

Any takers?

Replies

• JBJLOVER
    JBJLOVER Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi i'm 5ft 8" and need to lose at least 2st........

210lbs today

would love to be @ 182lbs

or
    15st now

love to be @13st :-)
  • katerams
    katerams Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    F/19
    Height: 6'0
    SW: 113kg
    CW: 109.5kg
    GW: 80-85kg (will put me in the healthy range of BMI)

My build is quite... hippy; i'm always going to be curvy and i like that; I just want to be able to buy clothes in any shop.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    F/42
    Height: 6'0
    SW: 126kg
    CW: 112.9kg
    GW: 80-85kg (will put me in the healthy range of BMI)

Like you, I want to be able to shop like normal people!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Cool- we have takers :o)

I suggest we have a weekly weigh in, and report our figures on here. Is Wednesday ok for everyone?

In the meantime feel free to share your wisdom, any good foods found in supermarkets, any tasty low cal recipes, any fun exercise. Also feel free to rant and vent any frustrations!

At about 14 stones (196 pounds/89 kg) I am a nice slim small UK size 16. I would take that! Right now I am a size 22 and feel like a right lump in baggy clothes.

in 2007 I weighed 23 1/2 stone and I managed to lose 10 stones in 3 years through diet & exercise. But in the past year I have not kept it off- indeed I have put 6 stones (90 pounds) of it back on!!!!!!!!!!!! I definitely have an issue with comfort eating/ compulsive overeating which I need to address while I'm losing weight otherwise I will be stuck in this massive yo-yo dieting cycle.
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    For me it's all about discipline (with the occasional slip!)

I monitor my calorie intake religiously (using MFP) and I have a workout schedule which I stick to.

Food-wise, portion control and boredom-induced snacking were my downfalls, so now I don't have junk food in the house at all and I've trained myself to always think about WHY I'm eating before I start.

Portion control is managed through the simple expedient of cooking in batches and freezing single portions, rather than cooking too much and eating it because I cooked it!
  • katerams
    katerams Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Food-wise, portion control and boredom-induced snacking were my downfalls, so now I don't have junk food in the house at all and I've trained myself to always think about WHY I'm eating before I start.

Portion control is managed through the simple expedient of cooking in batches and freezing single portions, rather than cooking too much and eating it because I cooked it!

My problem i think is portion control; but i've started to not buy junk foods and my groceries bill has gone up about ... $50 - $75 a week :( i've switched to smaller plates and bowls; bigger glasses for water and small 200mL glasses for milk or fruit juice.
    Mostly it's not really knowing what my portions should be; and not wanting to sit and measure out EVERYTHING.

I let myself have 1 free day a week; so i can go out with friends or have pasta or pizza (in moderation of course).
    I'm very impressed that I havent had lollies, potato chips or soft drink for 2 months (well... i had 200mL of coke on easter at family bbq).

@OP: I'm fine with wednesday; my normal weigh in is monday. Just letting you know I will be MIA for about a month as me and my boyfriend are holidaying :)
  • clem7444
    clem7444 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and over the last two years have lost 90 pounds. I'm down to 195 now and am working to make it to 180 so I can re-evaluate. These last 15 pounds feel like they'll kill me!! I'm here for support, add me as a friend, and keep on truckin'
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    woo 5lbs down- now 275 :o)

How are you all doing?
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    Can't weigh in this week - travelling with work. It's sooo hard to stick to calorie limits when eating in hotels and restaurants for every meal! Will see what the result of that is when I get home at the weekend...
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    CW: 110.5kg

Not a brilliant loss over the last 2 weeks, but I'll take it. TBH, I've not been exercising as much for the last few weeks. Time to take it up a notch!
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    I hear you! I have stayed the same this week. :o(

Time to step up the exercise!! x
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    Worked out for 53 minutes yesterday and 68 minutes today. I can't believe how much better I feel now compared to how I felt Nov / Dec 2010.

If I feel this good now, how will I feel when my BMI is down to healthy levels? Yeah, you heard me, I said "when" not "if"! :happy:
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Wow-well done!!!! I have just re-joined my gym- and it's just around the corner from my apartment so absolutely no excuses!!! And they have a pool :o)

We can and WILL do this x
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    Another 49 minutes of exercise today. Finished nice and early too because I was working from home. Time to reward myself with a glass of red wine. Maybe not just one...with exercise I can afford more if I feel like it.

I was talking about this with a work colleague I dragged out for a walk when we were working away last week. My approach now is that if I want a treat like a glass of wine or a big blow-out meal I plan for it so I can get the exercise in first. That's where MFP comes in really handy. I can enter my boozy evening in advance and see how much exercise I have to do to pay for it. :laugh:
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    CW: 110.1kg

Is that it? :angry: It's going to take a while to get to my goal weight at this rate! Never mind, still moving in the right direction.
  • meganmshope
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I am at 192, goal weight is 140. So, 52 lbs to lose!
    Anyone want a buddy? Pleassseee I need help. Add me.
  • Shawnna1965
    Shawnna1965 Posts: 16
    Options
    6'2
    SW 331
    GW is 225 for now
    long way to go but loving every pound lost
  • NickyJones
    NickyJones Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hiya, Nicky here! Mind if I join?
    6' 1.5
    HW: 240
    CW: 208
    GW: 180-ish

Planning on going out for a run today, now just need to peel myself away from the computer....:laugh:
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Course I will buddy with you all, us tall ladies need to stick together! :o) Friend requests coming your way!

Stayed the same weight AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

My BF has hiddn my sets of scales (yes....I had 2 of them!!) for 2 weeks so I cant get on them every day, like I was doing. I would get upset about the daily fluctuations, which for me are as extreme as a +/- 6lbs.

Nicky- we are just about twins!! I think I am a little over 6'1 and have a goal of 180 too!

Shawnna- We have the same starting weights- I was 330 aswell- we can do it!!!

megan- it may seem a long way to go but we have started and WILL finish!

x
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    I've friended all you new posters in the thread. Come on - let's all stick together. As metal_beau said earlier, we might not be waif-like stick insects any time soon, but we can all reach our goals if we help each other.