Breakfast ideas?

Options
Hey all!
So I've been eating toast and peanut butter or cereal for the past 2 weeks straight... time to mix it up!
What are some healthy breakfast alternatives?
P.S. I hate oatmeal. I can't stomach the texture :P

Replies

• allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I do egg whites--and toast--and I throw some hot sauce on the eggs--

or I make an egg sandwich-with a fat free slice of cheese-toast and eggwhites-amazing.
  • mvln
    mvln Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have toast with low fat cottage cheese or 1 fried egg. I also can't stand oatmeal.
  • sweetgal2301
    sweetgal2301 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I make the following ..... 5 strawberries and an orange with slim fast protein powder 1 scoop and a half a cup of non fat milk with 5 cubes of ice ... crush and you have the best breakfast.
    If not I do eggs and cottage cheese.
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll do a shredded carrots "fried" (spray with olive oil and bake until crispy) and top with poached egg, later this week I'm going to try homemade hash browns mixed with carrots and the poached egg.....homemade yogurt parfait (0% fat Fage greek yogurt) berries and 1/4 c. granola or granola-like cereal......Trader Joe mini blueberry fiber cake (like a mini muffin) with 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter and a slice of turkey bacon......multi-grain waffle topped with greek yogurt, berries
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Yumm!!! These all sound great! Looks like I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow!
  • Metorks
    Metorks Posts: 37
    Options
    For those who don't like oatmeal, you should give the Better Oats instant oatmeals a try. They are cheaper than Quaker and come in many unique flavors (like Dark Chocolate!). But the real kicker is that they have flax seed and other grains in them, not just oats, so you get a completely different texture. Another option would be to try the steel-cut oats (Irish oatmeal). It takes forever to cook, but it has a very different taste and texture than rolled oats. I like mine with just a spoonful or two of agave nectar and some nuts and raisins. Tasty!

If you've just gotta stay away from oatmeal, try some Kashi GoLean cereal with a handful of blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries (or all three) thrown on top. That's my latest favorite.
  • earthtorachel
    Options
    i do chocolate shakeology shake blended with a banana and a tablespoon of almond butter every morning. delicious!
  • missysixxx
    missysixxx Posts: 1
    Options
    greek yogurt with honey and Kashi Go Lean-it's wonderful
  • myowncrazycool
    myowncrazycool Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Morning Star has a great sausage that is made out of soy and full of protein, low calories (70 I think) and I will scramble up an egg or use egg beaters and cut up the sausage, stir fry some veggies and make a scramble concoction...it's yummy and filling and full of protein without the calories (egg beaters are great and less cholesterol)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    protein pancakes, french toast, eggs......

You can always blend your oatmeal into a flour texture to make the pancakes. They are quite tasty too. Top them off with sugar free syrup or fruit.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat english muffin....and egg. You can also add a piece of canadian bacon & small piece of low fat cheese. Yummy!
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Well--I do steel oats or instant oats every morning. I make a batch that lasts M-F. If I run out I have alternatives.

I never have time to make eggs in the morning--I get up 30 minutes before work so I can get all the sleep I can get--I don't even have time to toast bread! Here are some quick breakfasts I do:

Larabar with 1 cup Almond Milk (w/ MRM Protein Powder)

1 cup Almond milk blended with 1/2 cup oats and 1 banana (w/ MRM Protein Powder)

Single Serving Yogurt with granola and apple slices

Pre-cut grapefruit (I cut it up the night before and take off the rind...makes it really easy to eat on the go) and Almond Milk

I just made these tonight and I plan on grabbing one or two for the road breakfast tomorrow (and almond milk):

4 tbsp Nut Butter
    4 tbsp oats (or grape nuts)
    1 tbsp raisins
    and 1/2 scoop protein powder

Mix everything together--roll into 6 balls and refrigerated.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    eggs and toast?

These pancakes look delish! http://www.yummydietfood.com/2008/12/low-calorie-pancakes.html

I do a bagel thin, cottage cheese & a fruit...usually strawberries or a banana.

Yogurt and banana?
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    egg white scrambles, turkey bacon, bagel thins (so good as a bagel sandwich- an egg white or two and slice of turkey or ham on top), cottage cheese with fruit, yogurt with fruit, whole wheat pancakes, i could go on and on...
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    tomorrow im trying a healthy version of french toast using whole wheat bread. then the batter containing egg whites, cinnamon, and a splenda packet or honey. then browned not fried. no butter. then either a drizzle of honey on top or sprinkled with powdered sugar. should only be about 200 cals.
  • Famzav8
    Famzav8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I usually try to skip carbs at breakfast, and get some protein in. During the week I usually have a Carbmaster yogurt, and mix in berries & kashi go lean when i have it on hand. One of my favorite "on the go" is just a quick protein shake. And, on the weekends I like to make egg sandwiches for breakfast, or indulge with some bacon or turkey bacon alongside it.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Untoasted museli (i.e. raw oats with other grains and dry fruits mixed in). Other cereals (bran, wheat bix, wheat flakes, etc).
    Eggs.
    Fruit smoothies.
    Leftovers from a healthy dinner.
  • kristenanna
    kristenanna Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    piece of molenberg toast with a poached egg on top, 132 cal and fills me up!
  • ang83
    ang83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • murrango
    murrango Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Smoothies! My fav: one very ripe frozen banana (med-lg), half cup frozen wild blueberries, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 3 handfuls of baby spinach :]