Showing my weight loss on MFP

Options
Jewelsnoh
Jewelsnoh Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2015 in Getting Started
Hello,

I have entered my weight over the course of the past month or two that I have been back on MFP and I have lost about 4.5 lbs, but even though I have entered that it always shows that I have lost 0 lbs on my food diary and my ticker. What am I doing wrong? I feel like if it shows that I have lost even these 4.5 lbs that is motivation for me to keep going.

I appreciate your help!

Best,
Julie

Replies

• pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hmm that is odd, and it is still showing as Zero when i check your profile..... i use the phone app, so just go to weight, and scroll down to my new weight and it just changes it, sorry i am not much help, maybe someone will be along shortly who can help x
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Not much help to you either but I have a similar problem I think mine currently shows 4.5lb and last time I weighed in I'd lost 9lbs. Very frustrating!
  • heather_jg
    heather_jg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You must access the Web version of MFP which will allow you to edit your start weight. I had the same problem too. X
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Web version
    MYHOME>Check-In>Edit previous entries
    Amend your very first weight entered as it calculates from here
  • diana_marie8302
    diana_marie8302 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes, I actually had the same problem. The phone app doesn't work for me when changing my weight, I have to go in and change it on the web version or it doesn't get entered properly.
  • Jewelsnoh
    Jewelsnoh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I really didn't want to delete the past dates and weights because I feel like it was a motivation for me to see that lost weight when I was working this program back in 2013, but I saved it as a screen shot.

I really appreciate your help with this!

Kind regards,

Julie
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Jewelsnoh wrote: »
    Thank you! I really didn't want to delete the past dates and weights because I feel like it was a motivation for me to see that lost weight when I was working this program back in 2013, but I saved it as a screen shot.

Kind regards,

Julie

You really did not have to delete those entries, and you can put them back in. You can enter your desired starting weight at least one date older than the oldest date/weight you had. The ticker for total weight lost calculates the amount based on the oldest date/weight only, not any other date/weight.
  • LaceyVskmp1980
    LaceyVskmp1980 Posts: 37 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Visit the site in a web browser at http://www.myfitnesspal.com.
    Click the "Apps" tab, then in the sub-tab click "Tickers."
    Click "Update your weight data"
    Enter a new starting weight, then click "Save Changes."

Im a little late, but thought this might help someone else...here's how you do it without deleting/adding anything to your logs
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Jewelsnoh wrote: »

Kind regards,

Julie

It's only your very first weight you need to amend - you can leave all the others there