Lean bulk or dirty bulk?

Options
which type of bulk do you prefer, lean or dirty? I prefer dirty bulking for obvious reasons haha

Replies

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    define dirty
  • scottf4413
    scottf4413 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Off topic, but Springfield, is that Springfield, MA? Reason I ask is i, too, was born in 1970 and in Springfield. :) OP, good luck with your bulking up!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    No,London! It's a long story and to do with me mispronouncing my name. 1970 rocked though!
    Back to the dirtiness....
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Lean or dirty bulk, to me, has nothing to do with types of food, but the amount of fat you put on.

I'm torn - i think you need a decent amount of fat to make decent gains. But, as a girl, I also don't want to look like a blob....ive got to my comfortable spot in between lean and fat and trying to gain a bit over the next couple of months before starting comp prep!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Is it really either or?
  • mikevandewetering
    mikevandewetering Posts: 155 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Depending what you mean by lean or dirty bulk. A dirty bulk is eating everything in sight with a massive surplus. And a lean bulk you eat in surplus range of 200-500 above TDEE. So its a easy pick for me --> lean bulk (you can still eat food type you want lol)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    If by lean bulk you mean a lower surplus then definitely lean bulk
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Is it really either or?

Yes.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Getting dirty with someone of the opposite sex works for me.
  • NeliusPT
    NeliusPT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Somewhere In the middle between both works great for me.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Get dirty with girls -- get on that lean with them gainz ... I feels like it's double work if you go dirty then cut .. It's easy to go lean and just watch them Cals
  • S4Lyons
    S4Lyons Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    which type of bulk do you prefer, lean or dirty? I prefer dirty bulking for obvious reasons haha

You mean what you eat throughout a bulk, right ?