Workout Shoes

Options
ageros
ageros Posts: 66 Member
I'm always curious to know what kind of shoes people work out in. Any particular reason for those shoes?

I personally wear my Toms. I was wearing tennis shoes at first, but frankly...I hate shoes with a bloody passion. I prefer to be barefoot as much as possible. The Toms are thin and don't bother my feet like tennis shoes do. I feel like I have a better bearing on whats going on under my feet if I'm on a treadmill or elliptical. I've considered picking up a pair of the vibram fivefingers, but $75 is just a bit more then I really want to spend on a pair of shoes.

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of New Balance. I have a narrow foot now that I have lost weight....and had a hard time finding a snug shoe.
  • susieomega
    susieomega Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love Toms also! I own several pair and I practically live in them. I recently purchased the greatest workout shoes, They are the most comfortable shoes ever. They're considered barefoot running shoes. They're "New Balance Minimus". They just slip on and feel so and amazing. So far they've been great shoes for power walking and running. You don't even need to wear socks with them. . http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/new-balance-minimus-walking-shoe-women/3134473?origin=category&cm_ven=Linkshare&cm_cat=partner&cm_pla=10&cm_ite=1&siteId=J84DHJLQkR4-Zukp_bRdzIMRGUiU29Kc2Q
    Good luck :)
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love Toms also! I own several pair and I pracrically live in them. I recently purchased the greatest workout shoes, They are the most comfortable shoes ever. They're considered barefoot running shoes. They're "new balance minimus". They just slip on and feel so and amazing. So far they've been great shoes for power walking and running. You don't even need to wear socks with them. . http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/new-balance-minimus-walking-shoe-women/3134473?origin=category&cm_ven=Linkshare&cm_cat=partner&cm_pla=10&cm_ite=1&siteId=J84DHJLQkR4-Zukp_bRdzIMRGUiU29Kc2Q
    Good luck :)

I've seen those before, they looked great, but I still cry at the price. Sometimes it would be nice if you actually paid less for something to have less material. :\
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm always curious to know what kind of shoes people work out in. Any particular reason for those shoes?

I personally wear my Toms. I was wearing tennis shoes at first, but frankly...I hate shoes with a bloody passion. I prefer to be barefoot as much as possible. The Toms are thin and don't bother my feet like tennis shoes do. I feel like I have a better bearing on whats going on under my feet if I'm on a treadmill or elliptical. I've considered picking up a pair of the vibram fivefingers, but $75 is just a bit more then I really want to spend on a pair of shoes.

My fiancee has the vibrams and LOVES them. I think they are butt-ugly but I guess that's not the important part. She wears them weightlifting, running on the treadmill or trails, and just generally out in public. She said that it's made a difference in the feet and leg muscles that are used and wants another pair soon!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no advice from me but im curious to see what other people say. my shoes suck and my feet will hurt when im workin out! i desperatley need new shoes!!!!!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I had my feet professionally fitted at athletes foot... they recommended a pair of Asics Cross trainers... which help support my arch and ankles... my feet hurt alot if i go barefoot for too long... :sad:

I wear Jazz dancing shoes when i do Zumba though because they are SOOOOO much easier to dance, twist and Slide in!!! :blushing:
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I wear Vibram Five finger shoes I do everything in them they have helped me with running and working out.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    i got nikes..and new balance..i like them both
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of adidas that have holes completely through the sole of the shoe. Their great because my feet don't get hot and uncomfortable. The con - when it rains my socks get soaked :grumble:
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    For weight lifting I wear Chuck Taylors because of the flat non-compressible sole. For other stuff I wear a simple pair of cross trainers.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Bare feet. Past that, +1 for the Chuck T-style.
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have K Swiss Tubes and they are fantastic.
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I had my feet professionally fitted at athletes foot... they recommended a pair of Asics Cross trainers... which help support my arch and ankles... my feet hurt alot if i go barefoot for too long... :sad:

I wear Jazz dancing shoes when i do Zumba though because they are SOOOOO much easier to dance, twist and Slide in!!! :blushing:

I have Asic cross trainers too, for the same reasons.

Where did you get the jazz shoes? Are they supportive? The Asics are shredding my carpet doign Zumba!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no advice from me but im curious to see what other people say. my shoes suck and my feet will hurt when im workin out! i desperatley need new shoes!!!!!

ME TOO!! ME TOO!!