hypothyroidism

Options
Hi my name is laura and I have hypothyroidism. I'm having trouble loosing weight I get frustrated and angry. There are some good days were I feel amazing and beautiful. I'm trying to loose 30 pounds for right now. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm very in day 4 in this app. Wishing all of you success in your journey. :*;)

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I also have hypothyroidism and take levothyroxine. Do you take a synthetic hormone as well? I've had it for years and if you are new to it, it may take a few months to get the medication just right. I went to my doctor because I felt like I had no energy anymore and they finally have me on 100 mcg. Your levels can be "good" according to their charts, but if you don't feel like yourself keep pushing for them to up your medication until you feel normal. And weight loss is possible. It may be a bit slower, but possible. I have lost 34 pounds since August. Anyway, there are a lot of people on here with hypothyroidism and probably some groups you can join as well (although there is no search feature for groups I don't think).
  • Michelle4588
    Michelle4588 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's, in which my thyroid levels are all over the place, sometimes up and when my doctor gets me stable they drop and we have to adjust the medication again. It is a constant battle, your weight can also change the dosage of levothyroxine. Every 3 months I have to have blood work to check my thyroid level. As you some days I feel amazing and others it's a struggle to get out of bed, and cold, I'm always cold. Good luck
  • lannemack
    lannemack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Although I have not been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism yet, but I have to agree with everyone so far. On days when I feel sluggish, I pretty much have to force myself to go to the gym.
  • d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also have Hashimotos and so far managed to lose 40 lbs since last September :)( 60 more to go ) It is hard but possible. I am on armour ( tried synthetic but it just gave me palpatations ) and have to adjust my tablets all the time, especially as you lose weight. I have been 'stuck' on a plateau for a few months now and trying different ways to try and up my game - it can be soul destroying some days but i keep that image of me size 10 in my wedding dress in my mind, that is where i want to be.. and where i am going to be! my hair is no longer falling out, my feet do keep swelling up but i can walk, fog brain comes and goes and i am cold but on the whole ( especially from the poor creature i was for 5 years undiagnosed ) I am better :) Good luck - remember there are loads of us out there who have experienced what you have/are going through just reach out :) xx
  • PrincessAneres
    PrincessAneres Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Doing OK for dealing. I'm on Armour. Some days it's very difficult to get to training... thankful for my trainer who pushes me! I've been trying to program myself to go into an automatic mode to just go the direction I have to go to get things done. So difficult! It's hard when I'm freezing cold, tired and cramping... the bed seems like my soul mate. It's nice having a good support network to help overcome what I feel is impossible!

I put all my foods for my clean diet where they are easily accessible. Plus, getting the prepped dinners made on Sunday is a huge help during the week.

Good luck guys... keep doing the impossible!

*I'm also on progesterone, estradiol and soon I will start my DHEAS.