Looking for friends who have had gastric bypass surgery

Options
Hi. I am back after a long hiatus. I had gastric bypass surgery on March 30. That said, things are changing dramatically for me. Since I don't seem to be able to lose and keep weight off I am doing a forced life change. There is nothing simple or easy about the surgical approach. Anyone else had weight-loss surgery?

Replies

• NinaStarkJohnson
    Options
    I am in the process of jumping through the insurance hoops, but I'm having second thoughts. I wish I could help.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am nine years post RNY. I have maintained a weight loss of 100+ pounds. I've gained some back so I've recommitted myself and following the guidelines I was given when I had my surgery. I know it feels like you are jumping through hoops but this is a very drastic lifestyle change and your surgeon needs to know that you are truly a good candidate for surgery. It was the best decision I have ever made. And a word of warning...be very careful on MFP about following advice for WLS from those who have not had the surgery. Our guidelines are very specific and most people who haven't undergone the process/surgery and you don't want to do something that will jeopardize your success.
  • chasitya77
    chasitya77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had RNY Jan 2015. Lost 100 pounds gained some back trying to get back on track
  • rjc992
    rjc992 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had RNY May 17, and feeling great.
    So glad for MyFitnessPal for daily tracking to insure protein and water levels are where they should be.