new & questions about calories burned

Options
Hi everyone!

iam pretty new to this and don't know much about burning calories etc.

I have a strider at home which I use every other day, but I don't have this option here on myfitnesspal to chose. which would be the closest exercise to this that I could select?

also I am using my Nintendo DS and do the Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 on there. sadly there are no details on how much calories I burn with the training. does anyone know if there is an online link where I could find this information??

thanks!!!

Replies

• aimee0515
    aimee0515 Posts: 67
    Options
    Everyone burns a different amount of calories doing the same exercises based on sex, age, weight, resting heart rate, rate of exertion. You should buy a heart monitor to get the most accurate count of what you are burning...even if the exercise is in the database (it's not as accurate as a heart rate monitor).
  • billdawn66
    billdawn66 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi my name is Dawn I am new to this site could anyone tell me how you fill in the food diary as I feel
    this helps me lose weight cos I can see what I am eating each day and what calories I have consumed
    cheers xx
  • Indielicous
    Options
    thank you aimee! I will look into this! :)
  • LadyBiker2011
    Options
    hi my name is Dawn I am new to this site could anyone tell me how you fill in the food diary as I feel
    this helps me lose weight cos I can see what I am eating each day and what calories I have consumed
    cheers xx

Hi Dawn.
    It's really simple and you will learn quickly.
    Select the FOOD tab at the top
    Select ADD FOOD to which ever meal you wish
    then SEARCH for the many, many. . .
    I mean MANY items in the FOOD DATABASE
    or just click QUICK ADD if you know how many calories there are.

GOOD LUCK!