How important is breakfast?

Options
How important really is breakfast? I simply don't get very hungry until lunch, I'll eat an apple or sometimes some eggs but I just am not a big breakfast person. Is it really important to eat a good breakfast?cccccccxcc

Replies

• whereslisa
    whereslisa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry about all the "cccc" lol. My phone is stupid and won't let me post on MFP most days and when it does let me it does that.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    It's not - it is all about personal preference.

Don't like breakfast, don't eat it. simples.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    It's not important.
    I don't eat breakfast.
    I eat my last meal of the day around 8pm and the first meal of my day is sometime around 1230 or 1pm, post workout.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry don't eat. I personally eat breakfast every morning b/c I love feeling full until my first snack. I eat a lot though
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    All depends on the person. Some days I am just starving when I wake up other days I could go to lunch time before eating. Find what works for you.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I skip it often because I'd rather eat more later. I don't get hungry until about 11 a.m. I also find that if I force a breakfast, I am ravenous by lunch.

I did eat an orange this morning because it was calling my name.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    In my life I wake up at 430 and am at the gym by 5 till 630 then shower drive to work and eat/drink 75 grams of protein for breakfast around 8am. That could be considered breakfast but its four hours after I get up? You decide..
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    To me its important. To others its not.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I usually only have about 150 calories before lunch and I've done ok. Personal preference.
  • whereslisa
    Options
    Thanks everyone, we all have heard the saying "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't affecting my health or weight loss if I don't eat it.

Some days I am starving in the morning, like yesterday my entire days calories went it breakfast and coffee lol. But like this morning I got up at 8am and haven't eaten anything yet and probably won't until like 2pm.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you feel. FOr me, I have to eat breakfast because I'm up at 530am to get ready for physical training with the Soldiers at 7. We're done by 830...so I'm already going nearly three hours without eating, minus a preworkout meal.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    whereslisa wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, we all have heard the saying "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't affecting my health or weight loss if I don't eat it.

Some days I am starving in the morning, like yesterday my entire days calories went it breakfast and coffee lol. But like this morning I got up at 8am and haven't eaten anything yet and probably won't until like 2pm.

Overall calories is what is important.
    And to some degree, macros, depending on your goals
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's only important if your body is telling you it is.

How is your energy?
    How do you feel compared to when you do eat breakfast, and to when you don't?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    To me its important. To others its not.

Careful - you forgot your disclaimer.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    As a former diabetic in remission, it was drilled in to me the importance of routine, including having breakfast at the same time every day. This routine is needed to monitor and control blood sugars. But there are also other good reasons for eating breakfast for regular folks, and some studies hint at it's importance. Breakfast eating may be correlation rather than causation though. That is, people who routinely eat breakfast have other good eating habits as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/how-important-is-breakfast-730965
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It's a personal preference. I'm a breakfast person. I like a cup of coffee with my granola and yogurt in the morning. Some days I get up earlier than others so I'll pack my bfast and eat it at my desk later in the morning that way I'm not starving at lunch and over eat. So sometimes I'll eat around 6am and others 9am. Just as long as I have my coffee i'm fine >:D
  • whereslisa
    Options
    I would rather save up my calories for night time since I'm super weak and have no willpower once the sun goes down. I could eat fiber filled huge meals for breakfast and lunch and then he able to eat double that in the middle of the night lol. I function fine without eating breakfast and I don't feel hungry until lunch time. I just didn't know if it was one of those things where you need to eat or if it didn't matter (my ignorance << lol)
  • whereslisa
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »

What are Macros? Pardon my ignorance I know nothing about anything pretty much lol. Also if you don't mind, what is TDEE and NEAT? I hear so much about this stuff but have no idea what it is.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »

What are Macros? Pardon my ignorance I know nothing about anything pretty much lol. Also if you don't mind, what is TDEE and NEAT? I hear so much about this stuff but have no idea what it is.

Macros-carbs, protein and fat :) Micros are things like vitamins etc. TDEE is a way of calculating your needed calories, by already including your exercise and such. I belieave NEAT is what MFP is, where you have a base calorie number and then you add your exercise on top of that, which then adjusts your calorie number (someone correct me if I'm wrong here!).