Best Meal Plans

Options
Hi, has anyone tried Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem meals? If so, how would you rate them? The NutriSystem food doesn't "look" that appealing to me; however I think I may be interested in Jenny Craig. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I just eat what I like, bought from the store.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i made my own meal plan with things i like to eat like chocolate and ice cream. i aim to meet my calorie and macro goals and still have my treats. down 7 lbs in 12 weeks. slow but that is what i choose to do.

one of my friends did NutriSystem and she didn't like it. I don't know anything about Jenny Craig, tho it's probably the same thing as NutriSystem
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    the best meal plan is the one you enjoy and can do for life.
    i don't see how any of those systems can really be sustainable or how "Transitioning" to real food can really work.

start figuring out how to put together meals for yourself at home. there are tons of shortcuts and things you can do like make freezer meals and "salad in a jar" yourself one day for the week so you have your grab and go stuff if that is what you need. keep researching there is a healthier way! =)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any of those and I would never.

Let's say you do try it, you lose weight, go off of Nutrisystem/JC/etc and gain weight back??? I think its a better idea to learn about calories, portion control, etc than eating pre-packaged food that you could make yourself and probably make better.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    My meal plan works like this:

Lunch: *looks in fridge* "What do I feel like having for lunch?"
    Dinner: *looks in fridge* "What fits my macros and sounds good for dinner?"

It's as easy as that.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    My mother in law tried Nutri System. She said it was expensive and claimed the food was absolutely disgusting.
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My friend's mother is single and lives alone. She hates to cook and tried Jenny Craig. She seemed happy with it while she was on it and lost some weight. I think prepackaged food plans are best for people who don't have to prepare meals for others and don't go out much. If you don't like to cook and looking for something you can just grab and eat, it may be worth checking out. However, I don't know many people that can keep the weight off long term since eventually you stop eating their food. But if you work some of their meals into grocery store food, it could work. Good luck!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I live alone. I used to hate cooking.

I still live alone. Now I love to cook.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I just eat what I like, bought from the store.
    This.

And whatever fits into my goals.

• BananasananaB
    BananasananaB Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nutrisystem is garbage. Why not eat a diet based on quality whole foods rich in fruits and veggies?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    My brother did Jenny Craig and lost weight but didn't really learn to eat. Once he stopped buying the expensive food, the weight all came back.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Are you seeking those out because you want don't want to cook? Or just because things are already planned?

I tried a sample of nutrisystem and it wasn't that great. Imagine freeze dried foods. A friend of mine had it.
    There are other plans where food is already cooked and prepared for you and sent to your home, or you pick it up at a location near you, such as Fit Grub.

There are even more plans that are already planned for you and you simply cook the meals that are outlined. I have used Mario Lopez's "Lean Family" a couple of times for menu ideas, the entire shopping list and nightly menus are prepared, all you have to do is cook.
    There is also Teambeachbody meal planner, but you have to become a member to get the actual weekly plans, you basically buy the ingredients listed in each meal and prepare them.

HTH.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I have had a few and did not particularly enjoy them. It was edible but not something I would choose to eat often.
    ( they were in my moms freezer while I was visiting ) I would be super bummed if I had to eat them for weeks on end.
    The hitch of it is, I don't see any body eating them forever so why do it at all ? Perhaps I just don't get the appeal of it.