Week Before +2
Week before -123
Week before -49

Whats that all about, Im confused lol

Replies

• ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about those figures. I tend to find I still lose weight even if I'm over each night by 150 calories.
  • lifeinpink09
    lifeinpink09 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    -123 means you would have burned 123 more calories than you actually ate.
  • kenuk1
    kenuk1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same this week which makes me wonder though.
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    -123 means you would have burned 123 more calories than you actually ate.

Actually, it's the opposite. If your goal is to eat 1200 calories per day and you ate 1323, MFP shows -123 in red. That means you went over your net calorie goal for the day by 123 calories.

Problem is that positive (green) and negative (red) numbers mean different things depending on the context. If you're "red" on your protein, you're probably OK. When you're red on sugar, you probably want to look at the sugar content of your meals and try to reduce it.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    if your over your net weekly calories by '100' it means you were over your weekly goal by 700 calories, which technically means you are 0.2pounds heavier than you should have been. technically - the body doesnt really work textbook
  • mikeroachjnr
    Options
    [/quote]
    Actually, it's the opposite. If your goal is to eat 1200 calories per day and you ate 1323, MFP shows -123 in red. That means you went over your net calorie goal for the day by 123 calories.
    [/quote]

I dont get how thats the case, i have worked out today 673 cals, and ate 233 so far my net is -423 or something like that, so how have i ate over my cals? i think its the other way round.
  • kenuk1
    Options
    This is just confusing lol
  • kenuk1
    Options
    So if I was over (in the red) by 49 last week, is that good or bad?
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    How many calories you eat - How much you exercise = Net Calories.

Your net calories should ALWAYS be AT LEAST 1,200. The fact that your numbers are so low mean that you are not eating anywhere near enough, or you're working out too much. You said you only ate 233 calories one day?? That's extremely unhealthy...MFP gives you a calorie amount that you're supposed to eat each day. It should be between 1,200-1,700 calories. You must do that!!
  • kenuk1
    Options
    Hmm I think I see where I need to be....will maybe keep an eye on things, I feel fine, and am eating reasonably ok too.
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Your net calories can only be negative if you are working out more than you are eating. So your net calories should always be positive!

The calories on your food diary can only be negative if you are eating more than your recommended calorie intake (daily goal + workout calories). So you might wanna try to keep those positive or zero as well.

Hope that helps :)
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I dont get how thats the case, i have worked out today 673 cals, and ate 233 so far my net is -423 or something like that, so how have i ate over my cals? i think its the other way round.
    [/quote]

wouldnt recommend a negative net calorie...... i did it for a while and weight piles on when your back to normal
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Cal Carbs fat prot fiber

Totals 1,522 164 63 86 24

Your Daily Goal 1,756 241 58 65 20

Remaining 234 77 -5 -21 -4

*You've earned 556 extra calories from exercise today

so, this was yesterday's breakdown for me. What I actually consumed is in the first row. My daily goals are the second row and the balance is at the bottom. I finished up my day with 234 calories and 77 carbs left to 'use' if I wanted to. I was in a deficit for my fat, protein and fiber. The only one that I worry about in those columns is the fat. I almost always try to go over on my protein and fiber because I don't feel that MFP recommends enough.

I hope this is helpful. If remaining calories and carbs were in the negative that would eventually equal weight gain.
  • oxlypglozzxo
    Options
    Wait so my "Net" is 573 calories... is this good or bad? I've eaten 982 calories today but excercised and burned 409... so am I going to be gaining or losing?