How do i tone up my flabby tummy after having a baby?

once i lose this weight, i can already see my tummy sagging alittle bit. It's flabby. How can i tone it while losing weight??

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Lift heavy weights.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    planks
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    yeah ab work and good nutrition. breast feeding pulls the stomach muscles in...you can actually feel the lower ab working when breast feeding and breast feeding takes a ton of calories.
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    Lift heavy weights.
    And lose slowly. No drastic measures.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited April 2015
    urloved33 wrote: »
    yeah ab work and good nutrition. breast feeding pulls the stomach muscles in...you can actually feel the lower ab working when breast feeding and breast feeding takes a ton of calories.

huh?!? Got some science for that claim?

You're confusing involution (the uterus shrinking, which causes cramps) with abs working. Involution is sometimes triggered by hormones released during breast feeding. It's the uterus, not the abdominal muscles.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member

LMAO
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member

No, I think you're confused. Breastfeeding helps to reduce the size of the uterus post partum until it is back to its normal size. It doesn't do anything for your actual abs.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

No, I think you're confused. Breastfeeding helps to reduce the size of the uterus post partum until it is back to its normal size. It doesn't do anything for your actual abs.

Yep! Breastfeeding helps the uterus contract, but doesn't impact the actual muscles.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »

Yep! Breastfeeding helps the uterus contract, but doesn't impact the actual muscles.

What both these ladies have said...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Back to OP's original question, though. Seriously, read the thread that was linked. Lift heavy weights while eating at a calorie deficit. That's the best and most efficient way you're going to see improvement in that area.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited April 2015

What this one here is saying.

Also, how does one start randomly breast feeding after giving birth, if they already hadn't been doing it/pumping all along?

Like unless I am insane, it seems like OP has given birth -- so she's either already breast feeding or she's not and can't just whip out her *** and start to get the tummy she wants.