A Song that reminds you of a very good memory or sad memory..

Options

Replies

• Nicospan
    Nicospan Posts: 1,175 Member
    Options
    Eros Ramazzotti - Canzone per Lei
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Bruce Hornsby's "The Way It Is"...it was playing on the radio when I got a phone call that a friend was killed in a car accident our senior year of high school. I remember hearing that song over and over in my head as I tried to sleep that night, and I can't hear it without thinking of him.
  • JeopardyRight
    JeopardyRight Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    So many. Black sun by deathcab, i will posess your hesrt. Every song by ms mr.
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yellow ledbetter Pearl Jam
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Nutcracker Suite - Arabian
  • StephanieAZ82
    StephanieAZ82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Who You'd Be Today by Kenny Chesney came on the radio right after I'd found out my younger brother died in a car accident and I was on my way to see my mom. I lost it and had to pull over. Still makes me tear up when I hear it.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Eric Clapton - Wonderful tonight...I swear every time my hubby and I dance this song is playing. (Neither of us is a good dancer)

Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Reminds me of my first son being born because it was the first time I loved someone so much I would follow them if they passed before me. Also, it was playing like crazy around that time. Still makes me cry.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Though You Are Far Away - Colin Blunstone. Sad memory because it was played at my mum's funeral. Still love the song though
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Two Door Cinema Club "Something Good Can Work" because I listened to it as I drove away when divorcing my ex husband and it made me feel good!
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Fallen by Volbeat. Reminds me of my father when he passed away. The lyrics is similar to our lives, minus the song writing on the desk part.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    "Bawitdaba" by Kid Rock reminds me of raising glasses with my girls and howling at the line about topless dancers.

"Pepper" by *kitten* Surfers reminds me of that summer I spent working in a Psyche hospital, and the relief when I stopped having to go there.

"Angels" by Within Temptation reminds me of walking away from my ex.
  • efink85
    efink85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "Beloved" by VNV Nation
  • goodstuff74
    goodstuff74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Waiting for a star - boy meets girl!
    Just because the moment that song ever comes on, I'm instantly transported back to being a teen and being in love for the first time! Love that feeling!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This reminds me of my "first Love" at the School dance!
    First time I ever Made out with a Boy! ;)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=28HZKzpIUgw&feature=player_detailpage#t=0
  • justinegibbons
    justinegibbons Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    "wonderful" by ever clear.. It was really popular the summer my parents divorced and it hit home with me because I was twelve and it was written from a kids perspective. It hit home with me again when my sons father and I split up because I never wanted my little man to feel that pain, it's what finally have me the strength to accept his apology and work on things.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran kills me every time I hear it. Reminds me of the guy who recently shattered my heart. :/
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    A Horse With No Name - America (1971)

Always makes me think of my paternal grandparents and the summer I got to spend with them in 1972 (I was 7 years old). That song was constantly on the radio at the time. Also, the song was about being in a desert, and they lived in the desert.
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    This came up in a conversation yesterday. Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls. Was 'our song' with a girlfriend who was a police officer killed in the line of duty. Can't listen to that song to this day.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Caledonia as sung by Paolo Nutini - reminds me of falling in love, clinging to love, letting go of love

The entire opera "The Magic Flute" reminds me of my dad. He died very young and I vaguely remember listening to Mozart together.

Inis Mona by Eluveitie - reminds me of a new part of my life, opening up to new people and new options.