30 day shred?

Options
jenni_d1990
jenni_d1990 Posts: 54 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So far I've lost 40 lbs using an exercise bike and I'm thinking I should definitely try some other workouts, I've got around 30 more lbs to lose, I was wondering if the 30 day shred was good for losing weight or if it was more for toning/building muscle, either way I'll probably try it anyways. Let me know your experience, thank ya!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's a short workout - not a huge calorie burner.

30 Day Shred (although mostly cardio) can give you things that an exercise bike won't. 30 DS will have you doing push ups (great for the upper body). 30 DS will have you doing ab work. 30 DS will have you doing squats (great for the lower body). Many people report losing INCHES from 30 Day shred....that's as good as pounds in my book. I don't do this specific video (high impact) but there are hundreds of videos out there to choose from.

For all around fitness you want strength training and cardio. Find something you like to do.

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    For me, 30DS is a great quick workout (who doesn't have 30 minutes?!) and it was an excellent tool to help jumpstart my fitness routine. I never completed the full program because I got super bored with it, but it was a great jumping off point for finding other exercises to do.

I'd definitely recommend buying it (it is super cheap on amazon) to see if you like it. It's a short workout, but it'll make your muscles hurt. Just don't expect a huge calorie burn from it.
  • jenni_d1990
    jenni_d1990 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing the video and then 20 minutes on the exercise bike instead of my usual 45. There are free 30 day shred videos on Youtube I was going to check out also.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yes 30DS is worth the 28mins.

I lost 3 inches in the first 10 days...in the first cycle I did I lost a total of 9 inches overall...and a total of 3lbs...mind you I wasn't weighing my food then and I ate back all the exercise calories.

The 2nd time I did it (2 week break) I lost another 4 inches, and 4 1/4lbs (weighing food) so it's well worth the effort.
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options