The best feeling ever!!

Options
Today I did the dreaded summer wardrobe change out. In the past, this has always led to tears, as I see, yet again that the summer will be filled with me hiding behind baggy clothes and making excuses not to wear swimsuits in front of people.

I got the boxes of summer clothes out, laid out a few things to try on, and none of them fit. Because they were all TOO BIG!!!!!!!! Every single piece.

There were tears. Lots of them. This has never happened in my life and the feeling was literally indescribable! Clothes that I had given up on ever wearing again, are now baggy on me and some of my pants, literally fell all the way to the floor when I was trying to walk around in them!

I am down 25lbs. and am serious into heavy lifting, and many days the scale doesn't move the way I want it to, which was why today was such an encouragement!!

I wanted to share it, to hopefully give a little hope, a little motivation, and a reminder that we are not the number on our scales!!!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!!
  • five1113
    five1113 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Idk why Flashdance song popped into my head "what a feeling" lol great job and congrats on your victory :D
  • cverria
    cverria Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's so great
    Congrats
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That is such an amazing feeling!! Congratulations!!!!
  • aroberts19
    aroberts19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is great!! Keep it up!
  • tuxedokoenma
    tuxedokoenma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! I'd like to get to that spot with some of my clothes lol
  • 3JinItaly
    3JinItaly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Such kind words!! It was just a nice perspective-giver to me that even though the scale is sometimes discouraging, we keep pressing on!!!
  • Nikki20720
    Nikki20720 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! Way to go!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Congratulations now get out there and get a couple items in your new size before they're gone!