Insanity combined with fencing.

Options
Hello, I was wondering if I could have some advice please. I am a fencer and I train two to three times a week. But I would really like to improve on my physique. I did insanity a few years ago and I got great results from it. However I did not fence back then. Each fencing session lasts two hours. I think fencing and insanity on the same day would be over training. However I am considering doing insanity on days I don't fence. My question is, is it worth doing insanity 4 - 5 times a week, Would it be enough to get some results? Also how important are rest days, should I incorporate a rest day, because if I have a rest day I would only get the time to do insanity 3 - 4 times a week. I'm concerned about over training and I'm not sure of the best way to go about this. Thanks.

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It's a GREAT idea! Insanity really helps with sports conditioning and you'd be right to do it on your non-fencing days with a rest day once per week. As long as your nutrition is on track you should definitely see some results!

Feel free to friend me if you have any questions! :D
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Like @PinkCoconut said, it is a great program to improve your conditioning. I don't know a lot about fencing but I'm sure it is a great work out and I wouldn't probably do both fencing AND insanity on the same days except for maybe the cardio recovery. But if you're feeling really good and have the time for it by all means, do it! Just make sure you eat the appropriate macros, especially on double days to fuel your work outs! When I did a full round of insanity I followed the calendar and did it 6 days a week but the instructions itself say 4 days a week is good! I'm not following the calendar anymore, I do insanity work outs usually 1-2 days a week on the days I don't run or do other work outs. Taking a rest day is important to make sure your body can recover, especially when you are pushing it hard. If you feel like you must, do some yoga/stretching or go for a brisk walk on those days, just keep it simple!
  • Adiemus200
    Adiemus200 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guy's. Much appreciated. :-)