April 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Elise4270 - Oh no - did your gait feel different in your new shoes? Did it continue to hurt after you stopped running and took off your shoes? I think if it were me I would ice it and try my old shoes on my next (short) run to see how it does. If it is fine I would try the new ones again and see if it comes back. If it only hurts with your new shoes I would take them back and get an analysis and a different shoe.

I would try this too. Sorry you are hurting.

I think it's my work shoes that aggravate my knee. They are too big and heavy steel toe boots. I could feel it coming on earlier in the day. My gait is off with my back/left leg being goofy.

I feel like my gait is spot on in these shoes (er better). Still, I'll allow time to adjust. I had no calf or back pulling. Oh it was so nice. I ran and never had to think about where my foot was. I do need to work on getting my knees up, helps with the landing.

It didn't bother me walking. Only hills up and down. Shoes were fine walking in them. I plan a gait analysis in a few weeks once I'm done with my surgeons testing, hoping he says alls well and get after it.

Thanks!
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @shanaber - I am doing the Big Sur Marathon on the 26th. My 1st marathon in over 12 years!

@Beccajayn - awesome work!
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1194aaf192bb80c.gif

4/1 = 3.50 miles
    4/5 = 5.54 miles
    4/7 = 6.24 miles
    4/15 = 5.00 miles
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @Beccajayn - WhooHoo Great Job!
    @briebee7 - I thought it was Big Sur and I know we talked about it previously but somehow I thought Big Sur was in October. Good luck - you will be awesome!
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on MFP for the last 14 days because of family issues and lack of time so it's taken me some time to catch up on the posts although I haven't read all of them as that would take me a whole day I think. Great to see everyone doing so well, congratulations to all who have completed races in the last 2 weeks.
    Beccajayn... Great job, I bet your feeling great right now.

Elisa4270... sorry to hear about your knee pain, get the ice on it , I hope it feels better tomorrow.

38.4 miles completed so far this month so not quiet half way but will be back on track after tomorrows run.

38.4 done..... 41.6 to do.

• rnjcb
    rnjcb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Decided to take a rest day, after much internal debate! But realized I hadn't had one since the 1st and I know if I didn't do it today, it would be at least another week. Since Thursdays I work all day and then teach a class from 5-10pm, it's not much of a rest day anyway!

April 1 - rest
    April 2- 6.01 miles
    April 3- 5.15 miles
    April 4 - 34 mile bike ride
    April 5 - 20 mile bike ride - hilly ride.
    April 6 - 6.01 miles
    April 7 - Weight Training
    April 8 - 4.89
    April 9 - 6.02
    April 10 - 5.03
    April 11 - 34 mile bike ride
    April 12 - 40 mile bike ride
    April 13 - 4.25 miles
    April 14 - Weight Training
    April 15 - 5.1 miles :)
    April 16 - rest

exercise.png

• Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    _nikkiwolf_ well done for signing up - you will be awesome.
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    :'( won't get the chance to go to the gym this lunch time - too much on at work. Feeling rubbish now and behind on the mileage. Stuck at my desk - boring, boring, boring.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Beccajayn wrote: »
    To those who have encouraged me. Thank you. I made it through my 1st C25K training workout. It has taken me 3 weeks to get through day one, but I did it!!! It felt wonderful. A little burn at the back of my legs, but they feel ok now. Ha. I'm sitting here at the computer. I'm not even wheezing too bad. You were right. I was trying to go too fast. Thank you. Thank you.

Fantastic! Way to stick with it and push through!

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    4/1 - Nice 3.1 miles on indoor track
    4/2 - Brutal 4.75 miles of "hilly" treadmill
    4/4 - 10 miles, nice mix of hills
    4/6 - 4 miles on indoor track
    4/8 - 4 miles on indoor track (33:16...pretty speedy for me)
    4/9 - Another hot, humid 5 miles on a "hilly" treadmill (Total 30.85/110)
    4/10 - 4 miles on indoor track
    4/12 - 11 miles, on the windy side, but otherwise nice
    4/13 - 2 recovery miles - maybe should have skipped it...ouch!
    4/14 - power outage = no alarm = unplanned rest
    4/15 - 4 miles on indoor track
    4/16 - 5 miles on treadmill (nice mix of hills, tempo and a few short "sprints")
  • mmabry72
    mmabry72 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I almost ran myself out of time to run the other night but I went out for a quick 2 miler. Found myself easily sprinting most of the two miles and still felt great at the finish. Just a few months ago it was all I could do to finish 2 miles and still have enough energy left to live life afterwords.

exercise.png

April 2 – 3.13 mi
    April 4 – 6.31 mi
    April 7 – 3.23 mi
    April 8 – 3.25 mi
    April 10 – 3.25 – 5k Glow Run. Running at night, through the woods. Good time :)
    April 11 – 4.09 mi
    April 12 – 4.27 mi
    April 14 – 2.18 mi
    April 15 – 3.08 mi
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    Upped my goal since I was already almost there and still almost two weeks left in the month. Trying for 40 for the first time since I started running!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @beccajayn fantastic job!
    @briebee7 you'll do great in that half!
    @abakan I hope all is well at home
    @mmabry72 awesome job - isn't it great when you realize something you couldn't do a month ago is now zip zip!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    5.22 miles today..brings my total to 57.89 :smiley: so hard to believe it's me posting this. I'm running regularly and distances that I never thought I could do. It's very exciting and challenging.
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1194aaf192bb80c.gif

4/1 = 3.50 miles
    4/5 = 5.54 miles
    4/7 = 6.24 miles
    4/15 = 5.00 miles
    4/16 = 7.10 miles

• millermkarate
    millermkarate Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Okay so i know eveyrone here loves running. but as i have been training for months and am 8 weeks out from my marathon, i can honestly still say i HATE running. every single time i loath it and cant wait for it to be over. I am prety sure once i complete this marathon I will be going back to my normal cardio and my beloved weight lifting and reserving running to just a short 15 min warmup a couple times a week. I wish I could love it like you guys do.

exercise.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dawnna76 wrote: »
    Okay so i know eveyrone here loves running. but as i have been training for months and am 8 weeks out from my marathon, i can honestly still say i HATE running. every single time i loath it and cant wait for it to be over. I am prety sure once i complete this marathon I will be going back to my normal cardio and my beloved weight lifting and reserving running to just a short 15 min warmup a couple times a week. I wish I could love it like you guys do.

exercise.png

I hear that's pretty normal LOL
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Ran again with friends today. Ended up circling a track for a while with them, finally checked my watch, and noticed I had overshot my planned distance by a mile. Oh well.

4/1 - 8 miles
    4/2 - 5 miles
    4/4 - 8 miles
    4/5 - 20 miles
    4/7 - 5 miles
    4/8 - 8 miles
    4/9 - 5 miles
    4/12 - 20 miles
    4/14 - 5 miles
    4/15 - 8 miles
    4/16 - 6 miles

Total: 98 miles