Are you more willing to accept FR if you find the person attractive?

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
edited April 2015 in Chit-Chat
All things being equal I'm less likely to add some random I have no interaction history with if they seem a collector/just a pretty face.

It seems pretty popular to on this site to just stockpile people you think are pretty though.

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,835 Member
    Options
    No! I like personality and the willingness to share their thoughts and input!
  • justinegibbons
    justinegibbons Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I way prefer people who have a personality. I like when the people on my FL and I can actually engage.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I knew there was something fishy about you.
  • jodiedowle2013
    Options
    Nope im new but I go by name and if they have posted something that has made me laugh or think about.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    2 things:
    1. (For me) attractiveness is more of a consideration if the person is single, great convo and local (a 10/10 300 miles away doesn't really matter)
    2. Sometimes they have such an incredible body that I have to admire the dedication and hard work. It's a compliment. Sometimes the body is just so amazing that I just am compelled to follow their progress.

My other friends were likely the result of a good back and forth convo, so the attractiveness of the person is secondary
  • eva_letsdance
    eva_letsdance Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I accept friends who are motivational and here mainly to improve or make a change in their diet and fitness. It is added bonus if they are fun as well! Do not like ppl who add you and never engage.
  • elena1025
    elena1025 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I actually like personality more, but on here it's nice to be able to be motivated by others and see the challenges that some have been through and over came.
  • BigEdge
    BigEdge Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    i collect fun people - life is too short to be serious all the time
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I accept every FR. If they prove to be uninteresting, I delete them later. Regardless of how big their boobs are.
  • Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    w9wvifmvjkom.jpg

If a person is genuine, has a sense of humor, and is motivated in whatever their own personal goals may be then I am open to being friends. Looks and lame a** one liners get you nowhere.
    1a4.jpg 46.3K
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends what you're here for. Personally, I'm here for fitness/weight loss tips and support. I keep an eye out for like-minded people who express themselves in a way that appeals to me and reach out to them if I think we might be able to help each other. I would never *friend* someone simply to add to my collection. In fact, I don't understand why anyone would do that, but I didn't grow up with facebook (thank goodness.)
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Initially, I didn't take any requests because I don't have a lot of extra time to 'engage'. If I have time to waste, it's typically on the boards. I have to wonder why I get so many that have absolutely no message and the people sign up to lose 7 lbs but have private profiles. I'm not looking to 'collect' but I am always open to someone who has something to say that catches my attention. Mostly, my friending is limited to real life. If that makes me an a** then...I have to deal.
  • tgardi
    tgardi Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Boy I hope not or I wouldn't get any friends hahaha
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Could care less what they look like. It's 100% what their outlook and mindset is.
  • ktuck0205
    ktuck0205 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I mostly accept all FR. I have never even thought of denying a FR based on looks.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I just barely started becoming active in the forums. Before that I only had friends that I knew irl, and only 4 of them, lol. But now, none of them are active at all on here. So, after becoming more active in the forums and recieving lots of friend requests, I have accepted most of them initially, regardless of profile pic, but when I see that they're not active with their daily diary/updates, or that they're just trying to sell stuff then I delete them without abandon, lol.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    It seems pretty popular to on this site to just stockpile people you think are pretty though.

This is just why I added you, you pretty thing you.

• MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I really don't care what they look like. I accept almost all friend requests , unless they just seem to be creepy. But if I find their posts annoying I'll delete them within the first couple days
  • Jessica_L_E
    Jessica_L_E Posts: 1,969 Member
    Options
    Be active, motivating, interactive otherwise you're OUTTA HERE! Looks don't mean crap..we are all here trying to change how we look and we are all a work in progress...