21 day fix!

Options
Has any one tried it and what were your results?? Love it or hate it? Have you done more then 1 round?

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, it's AMAZING! I did it in the fall and lost 6lbs and 13" in one round! The nutrition plan is so innovative and super easy to follow and because you do a different workout every day you don't get bored. PLUS, it's only three weeks for one round and you can do anything for 21 days!

Feel free to add me if you have more questions or just friend me in general! :)
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Why not just measure and weigh your food, log everything you eat and drink via MFP, and find exercise plans online? You'll save yourself a ton of money.
  • galengentry
    galengentry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like it. The marketing is focused on women. However, it's a good program. If you have a food scale you can skip using the tupperware that comes with the program. I started 21 Day Fix with the tupperware (you have colored coded boxes for carbs, starches, protein, oils etc) but then I found this site and bought a scale and for me weighing everything is more reassuring. I use the tupperware because it's convenient. But I weigh the food, too.

The workouts are awesome. They are similar to circuit training. You use light weights or exercise bands. There is a crazy fit instructor who does the exercises "properly" and has a crew with her, like P90x. One of the crew is less fit and does modified versions of each exercise. The workouts are good. You will quickly get in a grove. I also lift weights three times a week. (Traditional stuff: squats, shoulder press, deadlifts). I am confident I have maintained a calorie deficit. I have lost 3.5 lbs over two weeks. That is not earth shaking but the weight loss isn't the whole story. My chest, arm, leg measurements are all bigger. So, I must be gaining a modest amount of lean mass as I lose the weight.

I respectfully disagree with SconnieCat. This program is like 50 bucks. The dvds are cool. You don't have to look up any exercises. Just follow it. If you do the exercises and If you either follow the 21 Day Fit tupperware meal plan or use MFP you will be in a calorie deficit. Diet is 75 percent of any aesthetically oriented fitness regimen. So, whatever you do good luck.

Wait, there is a multi-level marketing thing from the firm that markets the program with a drink called Shakeology. But, I didn't buy it. No one ever called me or hounded me in any way. No emails or anything. And in fairness all three of the people I know who drink Shakeology love it and think it's fairly priced.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Sorry, SconnieCat is right. 21 days for $50 and then what? You're done? Please. learn to do it right. Buy a food scale for $15, weigh your solid foods. Maintain a calorie deficit. Workout on your own, combining cardio and heavy lifting.

also, you can't gain mass in a calorie deficit. It's not possible.

Ultimately, weight loss is a journey. You can't have a three-week little trip and be done, you have to learn how to do things the right way and do them that way for the long haul. Even when you've reached your weight loss goal, you have to enter maintenance phase and live there.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, it's AMAZING! I did it in the fall and lost 6lbs and 13" in one round! The nutrition plan is so innovative and super easy to follow and because you do a different workout every day you don't get bored. PLUS, it's only three weeks for one round and you can do anything for 21 days!

^^^^OMG this!!!; 21 day fix is the best thing to happen to the universe since God!!! :)

I admit when a friend first introduced me to 21 day fix, I was like, REALLY skeptical. I mean, who would be dumb enough to pay over 100 bucks for a 5 dollar workout video, some instant shake powder, and 2 dollars worth of cheesy colored Tupperware, right?

But I was!

Now, I'm only on day 2 and already I added 10 lbs of muscle, lost 20 lbs of fat, lost 37 inches off my waist, qualified for the next olympics, and passed the Pope's requirements for sainthood! Not only that, but my lost dog came back, my mother got out of prison, my wife left that doctor she ran off with and returned to me, my mother-in-law burst a blood vessel in her brain and dropped dead instantly, my you-know-what grew 3 inches, my lost shot gun has been found, I won the state lottery twice in one day, and so much much more!

I can't wait to see what happens on day 3 tomorrow!

ETA: Oh, most importantly, I am not a Beach Body coach, so I am not compensated for making these clearly unbiased statements.

LMFAO!!! Thank you for this!!!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    my you-know-what grew 3 inches

How you doin'? :p
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

^^^^OMG this!!!; 21 day fix is the best thing to happen to the universe since God!!! :)

I admit when a friend first introduced me to 21 day fix, I was like, REALLY skeptical. I mean, who would be dumb enough to pay over 100 bucks for a 5 dollar workout video, some instant shake powder, and 2 dollars worth of cheesy colored Tupperware, right?

But I was!

Now, I'm only on day 2 and already I added 10 lbs of muscle, lost 20 lbs of fat, lost 37 inches off my waist, qualified for the next olympics, and passed the Pope's requirements for sainthood! Not only that, but my lost dog came back, my mother got out of prison, my wife left that doctor she ran off with and returned to me, my mother-in-law burst a blood vessel in her brain and dropped dead instantly, my you-know-what grew 3 inches, my lost shot gun has been found, I won the state lottery twice in one day, and so much much more!

ETA: Oh, most importantly, I am not a Beach Body coach, so I am not compensated for making these clearly unbiased statements.

*snort*
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I like it. The marketing is focused on women. However, it's a good program. If you have a food scale you can skip using the tupperware that comes with the program. I started 21 Day Fix with the tupperware (you have colored coded boxes for carbs, starches, protein, oils etc) but then I found this site and bought a scale and for me weighing everything is more reassuring. I use the tupperware because it's convenient. But I weigh the food, too.

The workouts are awesome. They are similar to circuit training. You use light weights or exercise bands. There is a crazy fit instructor who does the exercises "properly" and has a crew with her, like P90x. One of the crew is less fit and does modified versions of each exercise. The workouts are good. You will quickly get in a grove. I also lift weights three times a week. (Traditional stuff: squats, shoulder press, deadlifts). I am confident I have maintained a calorie deficit. I have lost 3.5 lbs over two weeks. That is not earth shaking but the weight loss isn't the whole story. My chest, arm, leg measurements are all bigger. So, I must be gaining a modest amount of lean mass as I lose the weight.

I respectfully disagree with SconnieCat. This program is like 50 bucks. The dvds are cool. You don't have to look up any exercises. Just follow it. If you do the exercises and If you either follow the 21 Day Fit tupperware meal plan or use MFP you will be in a calorie deficit. Diet is 75 percent of any aesthetically oriented fitness regimen. So, whatever you do good luck.

Wait, there is a multi-level marketing thing from the firm that markets the program with a drink called Shakeology. But, I didn't buy it. No one ever called me or hounded me in any way. No emails or anything. And in fairness all three of the people I know who drink Shakeology love it and think it's fairly priced.

Luuulz
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

Because they drank the proverbial Kool Aid and/or don't know any better.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options

Of course it's amazing if you're selling the programs. ;)
    The nutrition plan isn't innovative at all, but marketing it the way they are is. I will say that most Beach Body workout programs are really good.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Gosh, why must everything on here be a mockery? :/

I only know one person (coworker) that has tried this. She says it was very helpful to her in learning portion control. I don't know how strictly she followed the workouts, but she brings her lunch in the containers everyday and has been consistently losing. So, I guess it is a good tool for some. Fodder for mockery for others.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options

But I was!

I'm laughing so hard right now! :D
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options
    Also, wasn't there a thread about this exact program like two days ago?
  • ritchiehl
    ritchiehl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The only thing I will have to say about it is the entire program (including container size, how many/day, etc) can be found for free by google and pinterest. No need to pay a dime!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

There's a new one posted or an old one bumped almost every day. That will probably never change around here.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options

There's a new one posted or an old one bumped almost every day. That will probably never change around here.

I know these things and yet I still ask. Le sigh. :( At least they aren't next to each other?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Gosh, why must everything on here be a mockery? :/

I only know one person (coworker) that has tried this. She says it was very helpful to her in learning portion control. I don't know how strictly she followed the workouts, but she brings her lunch in the containers everyday and has been consistently losing. So, I guess it is a good tool for some. Fodder for mockery for others.

Because anything that conditions you to think in the short term doesn't work for the long term. things like nutri-system, jenny craig, and 21-day fix don't work because they do the work for you. Once you're on you're own, you haven't learned anything and go back to the old ways of doing things. Weight goes back on. They trap you into needing their program for life. $$$
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you plan to use color coded Tupperware and shakes from someone called Shakeology for the rest of your life and believe that it is simpler than figuring out how to measure and log your food and exercise then go for it!
    But if the 21 day program doesn't set you up for the next 22 to 2222 days, what's there not to mock?
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    If you plan to use color coded Tupperware and shakes from someone called Shakeology for the rest of your life and believe that it is simpler than figuring out how to measure and log your food and exercise then go for it!
    But if the 21 day program doesn't set you up for the next 22 to 2222 days, what's there not to mock?

I really don't understand this line of reasoning. Sure, it's set up as a "21 day program", but I set time specific training goals for myself pretty frequently. Just because I train for 16 weeks for a marathon doesn't mean I become a couch potato during the 17th week. I actually own the 21 Day Fix, I've never used those silly containers, and I'm not following the prescribed 21 day schedule. I do like the workouts on non-running days.