Sticking to it but gaining weight

Options
Im a 52 year old woman. Ive always been thin and in pretty good shape but I wanted to step it up. So 5 months ago I started Crossfit. Im devout about MFP and tracking my macros but Ive GAINED 7 pounds. My trainers say its muscle but I just dont know. I feel bigger. Clothes feel more snug. Even if the scale goes up, my body fat should go down. Im super frustrated. Answers? ARGGHHHH!!!!

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    7lb will not be muscle tbh. Some will probably be as well as extra water weight in the muscles from lifting.

Where are your clothes feeling more snug?

Also, are you tracking your food accurately?
  • karenbgee
    karenbgee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sarauk2sf. I def want input. My clothes are tighter in the legs and across my butt. The waist is fine. Im definitely tracking my food properly. Ive experimented with anywhere from 1400 calories a day to 1600 a day. Keeping macros at 40% carbs, 35% protein and 25% fat. My water intake could be a lot better. I train 4 days a week.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    jkecbdg265 wrote: »
    Thanks Sarauk2sf. I def want input. My clothes are tighter in the legs and across my butt. The waist is fine. Im definitely tracking my food properly. Ive experimented with anywhere from 1400 calories a day to 1600 a day. Keeping macros at 40% carbs, 35% protein and 25% fat. My water intake could be a lot better. I train 4 days a week.

It could well be a combination of water weight in the muscle (from muscle repair) with some muscle - that would explain the butt and thighs getting tighter in your pants but your waist size not changing. You may find your pants even snugger just after lifting also as you get some 'pump' going on in the muscles.
  • Edgar_Beastmode
    Options
    Try carb cycling. It's helped me lose 33 pounds in 4 months, Along with weight training.
  • karenbgee
    Options
    Ill read up on carb cycling. Im willing to try anything!
  • karenbgee
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    jkecbdg265 wrote: »

It could well be a combination of water weight in the muscle (from muscle repair) with some muscle - that would explain the butt and thighs getting tighter in your pants but your waist size not changing. You may find your pants even snugger just after lifting also as you get some 'pump' going on in the muscles.