Morning!! who knew this could be so confusing!

Options
amyfire
amyfire Posts: 3 Member
Hello folks!
My Name is Amy, and like so many of you out there from what i have read find that achieving a balanced healthy diet is something of a challenge!

I have been using this nifty little devise on my phone for a while and was surprised to see how disproportionate some of my more vital food intake was. I'm a massive veg fan and I a girl of comfort so i like to be as full as I can when i have finished eating,i originally thought that stuffing myself up on things with fewer calories would do the trick. I have now realized that my very low fat, non-tailored diet which often includes meal skipping, veg full, wishy washy way of providing my body with the energy it needs is probably a massive detriment to me, this will end (as it has done before) hopefully with the aid of this little plan thing.

I am not really that bothered whether i loose weight or not, however, i want to be living a more active, balanced life still. I need to start treating my body as a machine and remember to fill it with stuff that is good for me!!!

any one who can help me to find a way of getting all the goodness i need from food will be highly praised by me and welcome to point me in the right direction

Cheers folks! hope every one has the success they wish to get out of this, what ever that may be!!!

Amy

Replies

• nannelson
    nannelson Posts: 3
    Options
    I have recently added Kashi Go Lean cereal to my diet, I eat it with Almond milk and blueberries. The one I buy is the 'fibertwigs, soy protein grahams and honey cereal' variety. It is packed with fiber (10 grams) and I think it has a great nutty taste and it keeps me filled and satisfied for hours.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Almonds are full of vitamin E and are a great snack. Cheese in small quantities. Porridge oats with blueberries or I have it with sultanas and apple sauce. Wholemeal bread is filling and a good source of fibre. You should try and have protein with every meal and snack ie. meat, fish, chicken, cheese, eggs, nuts, houmous, yoghurt or milk.

Good luck
  • amyfire
    Options
    I have recently added Kashi Go Lean cereal to my diet, I eat it with Almond milk and blueberries. The one I buy is the 'fibertwigs, soy protein grahams and honey cereal' variety. It is packed with fiber (10 grams) and I think it has a great nutty taste and it keeps me filled and satisfied for hours.

That sounds beautiful! Might have to give that a go...
  • amyfire
    Options
    Almonds are full of vitamin E and are a great snack. Cheese in small quantities. Porridge oats with blueberries or I have it with sultanas and apple sauce. Wholemeal bread is filling and a good source of fibre. You should try and have protein with every meal and snack ie. meat, fish, chicken, cheese, eggs, nuts, houmous, yoghurt or milk.

Good luck

I think i am seriously lacking in this area and some days will only out of all of these foods have milk in my coffee, need to have a good think about this...