Multiple syncs using MFP, Runkeeper, and iPhone!

Options
kensgirl2
kensgirl2 Posts: 21 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I use Runkeeper for my wogs (walking/jogging) and those sync to MFP. I have Runtastic loaded on my phone as well, but I don't use it at all. I use Couch to 5K, but that doesn't sync to my phone, I have to add those manually as I use a heart rate monitor and figure out my calorie burn from the numbers I get there. (I usually keep my Couch to 5K workouts separate from any other activity so I can keep it all accurate.) I have an iPhone 6, so apparently those steps do get synced. My issue is I have two automatic syncs, neither of which are identified, so I don't know if they are from Runkeeper or Runtastic, or both. I have to go in and delete one of them to keep my calorie burns accurate. So basically, I will have my Couch to 5K separate, which I added. Then later when I go for another wog with my husband and puppy, I use Runkeeper. When I look at MFP later, I will have my Couch to 5K, and TWO other additions! Those two are always almost identical, but one will say it was a walking exercise, and the other will say it's a running exercise. I always delete one. Anyone else have this issue? What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? Does this make ANY sense??? (I tend to over explain.) Thanks for any help!

Edited to add: I also want to get a Fitbit for added motivation, but am leery to as that will just complicate things even more!

Replies

• nikkiw29
    nikkiw29 Posts: 25
    Options
    I have a jawbone UP24 I totally <3 it, which is compatible with MFP. I suggest taking a look at the recommended apps that sync with MFP and picking one to avoid confusion. The only app I use is mapmyfitness. It allows you to customize which type of work out you do(it has a HUGE variety), I love it! And since I only have one work out app sync'd I don't have to worry about which app was taken into consideration. I hope you found this helpful!
  • kensgirl2
    kensgirl2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I guess I'll just delete Runtastic since I never use it anyway. I just don't see how it could sync when I don't start it, tho. If I delete it and still get duplicate syncs, then I will be really confused!!!