Please can you suggest any BANGING tunes to work out to?

Options
Hi,

Fairly new on here but so happy have lost 3lb so far..small but important!

Anyway at my first step class I noticed just how much good music can get you moving!

Came back and downloaded some

eg

Rihanna
Kayne West
Britney
Kings of leon
David Guetta
Lady Gaga

But would love to hear what music people use for motivation when exercising and what gets people moving???

Intending to add dancing round the living room to my workouts - be thankful you can't see me ha!

Thanks in advance for sharing

Replies

• jadeymum
    jadeymum Posts: 26
    Options
    any suggestions for great songs to dance around/aerobics/step too
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    When I run I love heavier music, like Distrubed or Mudvayne
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options

bump

What are they like?? What sort of music?? I hate hip hop and R&B and most "popular" music...
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    my two power songs right now are
    Jlo's --get on the floor
    afrojack-- take over control.
  • spongemumbigpants
    Options
    I hate myself for saying this, but.....Katy Perry does it for me *cringe*
  • woody7890
    woody7890 Posts: 27
    Options
    I don't like dance music, so try and find alternatives.
    I think The Prodigy and Fat Boy Slim are good!

Also, i have used 'Eye of the Tiger' on a couple of occasions... That's always quite good (cheesy, but good)!! :)
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Korn is pretty good too :-)
  • lachicadelfuego
    lachicadelfuego Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Outcast B.o.B always gets me going. ( : Other than that anything loud and with a fast beat.
  • juliakhanna
    juliakhanna Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A little cheesy, but totally motivating: search for Robert Duncan's theme song to the tv show "The Unit" on iTunes. Love it!
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Pendulum.

Hell, you'd work yourself into a cardiac arrest with that on!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    A little cheesy, but totally motivating: search for Robert Duncan's theme song to the tv show "The Unit" on iTunes. Love it!

I freaking love that tune!!!! lol just wish it was longer
  • emmajj97
    emmajj97 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have my own pop music playlist that i've put together to put on shuffle while I'm working out, it includes:

Girls Aloud
    Britney Spears
    Miley Cyrus
    Lady GaGa
    Beyonce
    Annie
    Danity Kane
    The *****cat Dolls (haha! I love that MFP has censored the...er...kitty kat...part of that...)
    Katy Perry
    Justin Timberlake
    Ke$ha
    Little Boots
    Robyn
    Monrose
    Muse (bit of an odd one out here!)
    Peaches
    Rihanna
    Shakira
    Sugababes
    Nicole Scherzinger
    ...etc

Very poppy and cheesy but they all have some excellent songs to dance around to, and I do a lot of step arobics and running and I love to run/step to the beat. Plus having 300+ songs in one playlist on shuffle means I never get bored!

Do you have Spotify? I also have a remix playlist of almost 1000 songs that I sometimes use when I need extra motivation but I don't use it much because of all the ads on Spotify, but I can link you to it if you'd like :)
  • phinners
    Options

bump

What are they like?? What sort of music?? I hate hip hop and R&B and most "popular" music...
    They're not RnB or pop etc, they are hard metal.

What genre do you like?
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I dont know if anyone listens to Christian Rap.. but this song is a definite playlist winner!

'God is Enough' - Lecrae

Its VERY upbeat... I skipped to this song when I was getting tired yesterday and needed to push through my last bit of cardio! CHECK IT OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgu7-We98Gk&sa=U&ei=a73TTYH5HM2btweSt4HKCw&ved=0CBIQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEXjkLG-w94G2wgrkCL_eNLy-Hi4w
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I really like Disturbed, Skid Row, Guns n Roses, Pat Benatar, Joan Jett. Anything that I can synchronize my steps to and get a good beat is good!
  • burnguru25
    burnguru25 Posts: 37
    Options
    iTunes offers many exercise albums, iSweat Exercise is one in particular I find helpful.
  • jadeymum
    jadeymum Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks going to try all those.

I have had a pretty crappy year and have neded up wallowing in damein rice/keane/muse/snow patrol etc etc.

Im pretty open minded but usually think people i listed a bit cheesy HOWEVER Katy Perry firework, Britney Womanizer etc have got my dancing round, doing crunches etc, maybe its just cos im cheering up a bit though still love all those listed above.

Just did some crunches to sex on fire kings of leon and song flew by when usually crunches kill me :)
  • phinners
    Options
    I really like Disturbed, Skid Row, Guns n Roses, Pat Benatar, Joan Jett. Anything that I can synchronize my steps to and get a good beat is good!
    What about a bit of Heart? Barracuda in particular! Cracking tune.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My "start walking" song is Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant farm. Good fast beat.
  • Toasted678
    Toasted678 Posts: 1
    Options
    Anything by Girl Talk. Girl Talk is a DJ (Gregg Gillis is his real name) and he is an EXPERT in mash-ups. His mash-ups are mostly rap lyrics with all different kinds of background music. I was just listening to him on the way to work and it was 'Drink and my 2-step' lyrics while Ace of Base's 'All that she wants'! Amazing! He averages like 15 samples per song, so if you are a music buff it is sort of fun just guessing what songs are all playing at the same time. Guaranteed to make you smile.

Oh and all his music is FREE! He doesn't believe in charging for his music since they are samples anyway, but I do believe he takes donations. Best albums IMO are 'Feed the Animals' and 'All Day'.

**EDIT you now have to pay for Feed the Animals but All Day is still free. DL All Day and if you like it Feed the Animals is definitely worth it.**