Fitbit flex or charge?

Options
hey I'm getting a Fitbit today and I'm not sure whether or not to get the flex or the charge? I'm leaning towards the flex bc it's just under 100 dollars. Which is better? I like the thinness of the flex but I like that the charge has a clock on it. Any advice???

Replies

• falulu209
    falulu209 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd go to the website and compare the charge and flex on there. There should be a list of what just each one has to offer.

I have the Fitbit one and it was around 100$, it counts my steps, stairs climbed, monitors my sleep as well. But I'm wishing I got the charge Hr because it monitors your heart rate.

just look at he website and see what is best for you.
  • thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I got the chargeHR because of the added heart rate monitoring. It's not infallible but it's helpful to keep you in the "fat burning zone". It also picks up phone calls to tell you who is ringing, tracks sleep automatically unlike the flex, which I have also had. It's also much more secure on the wrist, having an actual watch strap than just a clip in band which I found always fell off during days at work when I did a lot of lifting.
  • bself0128
    bself0128 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The Charge is the way to go because of the HRM
  • tuxedokoenma
    tuxedokoenma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The charge sounds like the way to go but with my budget I could only get the flex for now and so far I like it!! It sucks it doesn't monitor my heart rate but that's ok lol thanks everyone!
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I will be getting the flex myself next month. I looked at both, and for my own needs (I really don't work out so hard that I want to monitor my heart rate) I felt that something that can monitor sleep, somewhat accurately monitor steps, and give me a good idea of how many calories I'm actually burning are the way to go for my own needs. I've heard good things about both, but the flex is the best model for what I need.
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Just to clarify there is a Charge and a Charge HR. I have the Charge and regret not getting the Charge HR for the heartrate monitor (it's the only difference between the 2). The Flex does all the Charge does except it doesn't have a screen (so no clock) and you can't see where you're up to during the day (which I find very handy). Yes it has the dots showing how far along you are with your goals but I love seeing actual data so it's up to you on how you prefer to see your data. If you don't want to have to keep going to the app then get the Charge or Charge HR, if you don't care until the end of the day then the Flex is good.
  • purplekelly101
    Options
    I have tried all 3 the flex which I started out with then upgraded to the charge and I have recently started using hubby's charge HR because he can't use his because of work. My personal preference is the charge only because I find that the HR gives me a bit of a rash after while and doesn't last as long as the charge before it needs charging
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    If you get the Flex you can get cool colored and patterned bands from Ebay for a few $$$
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    hey I'm getting a Fitbit today and I'm not sure whether or not to get the flex or the charge? I'm leaning towards the flex bc it's just under 100 dollars. Which is better? I like the thinness of the flex but I like that the charge has a clock on it. Any advice???

Zip :)

I started with the Flex, loved it - but I couldn't wear bracelets and didn't really need to track my sleep

I bought a zip instead and wear it in my bra / jeans pocket

I think monitoring your HR all day is pointless unless you have some form of heart issue - it does not / cannot provide an accurate calorie burn estimate - the formula that translates HR to a calorie burn is only useful for steady state cardio. I think the Charges are the new 'Emporer's New Clothes' to be honest. I'd be happy to convinced otherwise as I do like my toys
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have the "small band" Fitbit Charge and I paid 129.99. IF money is your driving factor here then I would carefully look into getting the "tracker" you want for the best bang for your buck...

I have had two trackers and I started with a 60.00 Fitbug and loved it, but hated the app and then upgraded to the Fitbit charge.

I would start with the exact goals to track... (sleep, does it interface with MFP, tracks calories in and calorie out, and is the app or website easy to use and give you the information you need to track?

I would also read reviews not only from MFP, but from the reviews and best ratings sites.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've had the charge for a few weeks. If I'm going to wear something on my wrist, I want it to be more useful than the flex. The charge is also a watch, and you can cycle through it to see steps and calories burned (I'm not certain of accuracy of either one yet), which you can't do on the flex.
  • smr09012
    smr09012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Zip :)

+1
  • PaigeMarieLane
    PaigeMarieLane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my Fitbit charge and can not wait til it gets here. It will be my first tracker of steps. :)