Weight Watchers dropout

Options
Hi everyone,

I am 18 months postpartum from my second child. With my first, all the baby weight was off at a year. With my second, I am currently heavier than when I first walked through the door with her!

It's been a long 18 months of postpartum anxiety. I got help, and things are improving, both through counseling and realizing that exercising helps my mental state maybe even more than it does my physical state.

During the past 18 months, I've joined (and quit!) Weight Watchers THREE TIMES! I don't know whether to be embarrassed about the quitting or all the money I spent on the program. :wink:

I found intuitive eating about 6 months ago and for a short time saw an intuitive eating counselor. I love so much about that philosophy, especially since I've always been a diet obsessed. I embraced that philosophy a little too much though and wound up gaining TEN POUNDS. My oh my.

I discovered MFP two weeks ago and ... wow. I feel like all of the tools I've been learning over the past year and a half are finally starting to come together. Here are my successes thus far:
  • I've logged every bit (well ... almost!) for two weeks straight
  • I'm down 3 pounds
  • I'm exercising fairly consistently (thanks to the Fitbit connection, love those extra calories)

For so long I was frustrated with myself ... I knew WHAT to do, I just didn't do it! That seemed so strange to me ... you want something so badly, and yet you can't just stick to the plan, whatever "the" plan is. For me, the difference this time around is my eating. I decided that I will eat whatever I want. That might mean I eat a muffin for dinner. Nope, I know, that's not the healthiest but ... neither is eating the whole pan of muffins, which is what I did before out of total guilt that I ate even one muffin to begin with.

Interestingly, I'm actually eating more nutritiously now that I probably ever have by following this theory. I'm eating a ton more salads, though my protein intake should come up. But I'm trying to look at nutrition as something you lean into. So far, for me, it's working.

If anyone gets this far into the post ... wow, thanks. It would feel good to be heard, so if you're reading this, THANK YOU. :smile:

Replies

• raphillips028
    raphillips028 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 months postpartum and the heaviest I've ever been! I ate way to much when I was pregnant.

You can lose it!! Good luck!
  • Melissaatthecircus
    Melissaatthecircus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks, back at ya! It's so easy to gain that pregnancy weight ... You go your whole life trying not to gain and then you're supposed to flip the switch and gain but not too much? That's tough!
  • ChrisiEMilio
    ChrisiEMilio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My twins just turned a year old. I am currently working on the diet and exercise stuff. I have been doing weight watchers and recently found my fitness pal and bought a fit bit. I have a long way to go still.