Christian woman looking for friends 45-55 for support

Options
Hello, My name is Lynne and I'm from Maine. I am turning 50 in March and really want to focus on my health and well being by eating healthy, making exercise a daily priority. I am looking to make friends with 5 other positive women who love the Lord who are willing to be supportive and encouraging and looking for the same. One of my goals it to do less facebook and more m.f.p. to concentrate more on what I need to do to become a healthier me. If you are interested and seriously ready to set some goals and make it happen please message me so we can encourage one another. Please tell me where you are in your journey and about who you are so I can determine my fabulous 5 gals to make this a positive experience. Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dldense
    dldense Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynne, my name is Donna Dense. I would love to talk to you more and perhaps become accountability partners in this weight loss journey. I know having an accountability partner works because I once lost 165 pounds doing a low calorie, low fat diet without really learning how nutrition really worked. I developed what we now know is sezures during the time I was losing that weight but never had it checked out. We now know, or at least believe, that they were caused as the direct result of a vitamin deficiency....particularly vitamin B deficiencies. Four years ago I found a lump in my breast which was stage 1 breast cancer. We found it very early praise God and because of that I had a lumpectomey (they don't remove the breast on that one) and 8 week of radiation. When you've had cancer, they don't say you are cancer free until you have 5 years of regular checkups with your oncologist and everything has come out clean. Last January the tests showed that I had, within a two month time frame, developed severe anemia. Further tests showed that I had colorectal cancer. When they did the surgery, they found a 5 inch tumor that they said had probably been there for ten years or more. I had 6 weeks of what they call chemo/rads prior to the surgery and 6 months of chemo afterward. I'd gained all of the weight back that I'd lost before simply because I made a concious choice to eat incorrectly, knowing it would bring me back to being fat again. I was going through a difficult time personally...won't go into that in this message but perhaps will share more if we get to know each other better...and simply got mad at God and decided that I didn't care what I looked like or if I was healthy. Needless to say, it never helps to pitch a baby tantrum on God LOL. I don't blame God for me gaining my weight back, nor do I believe that He gave me cancer as a punishment. In the past I didn't care if I was fat or not but now, knowing that the risk for reoccurance of cancer a third time is much higher with me being so fat, I am attempting to be more wise with my health, and make my oncologist happier at the same time LOL. I have recently signed up for nutri-system because I've learned that I do much better with pre-packaged meals...and nutri-system is a high protein diet that seems to work. I haven't received the first shipment...that's how new this approach is...so if I don't like the food, I may do something different later.

Basically what I need in an accountability partner is someone who will look at the food I eat, the exercise I do, and have the courage to tell me if they see something I need to change. I also would be willing to do the same for any accountability partner I have.

I am the wife of an Independent Fundamental Baptist preacher and am very involved in our church ministries. I share my faith openly but promise not to bash you over the head with it. Please let me know if you are interested.

Donna Dense
  • dmt366
    dmt366 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    dldense wrote: »
    Basically what I need in an accountability partner is someone who will look at the food I eat, the exercise I do, and have the courage to tell me if they see something I need to change. I also would be willing to do the same for any accountability partner I have.

Donna - I am looking for friends interested in accountability - feel free to add me
  • Hvngfaith88
    Hvngfaith88 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am a Spirit-Filled Christian and prayer warrior. Need to lose the extra weight I put on stress eating. I want to lose at least 100 pounds. I just started my weight loss journey, new to MFP but am determined. I have been divorced for 16 years and now that my son is older I am ready to start dating again, but I want to lose before I date... Looking for friends so we can encourage and support each other ...
  • Marlymama
    Marlymama Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Donna - I am a Christian woman 43 years old, I am looking for friends to support and be supported by!
  • angelflyer63
    angelflyer63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynne. I am 51 years old. I have been married for 28 years and have 4 children (2 grown daughters and 2 teenage sons). My youngest was adopted from Russia. I am just getting started in MFP and would like to meet supportive friends. I am a Christian who is grateful for God's grace and in need of much more. Thank God for being merciful and generous!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. This discussion is welcome to continue in groups.

The forum guidelines include this item:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Ninerbuff
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.