When do you workout?

brian90
brian90 Posts: 285 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been working out early in the morning around 5. Get up workout, then have breakfast and out the door by 7 to go to work. I dont have to be at work so early but prefer to get there earlier. I have been having a hard time getting up lately to workout and then affects me making a good breakfast sometimes. I have thought about switching back to working out late at night. I did it awhile ago. My issue with working out early is when i try to go to bed early i lay there and cant fall asleep. Debating if i should work out at 9 or so at night before bed. When do you workout? Just wanted some input.

Thanks

Replies

• phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    I dont have a set routine, I just do what I can around the baby. I try to work out every day for 45 mins or so. Usually when he's having a nap.
  • On my way home from work. Stopping halfway at the gym breaks up the frustrating traffic on my long commute really well.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    my work schedule changes daily so I work out when I can, I just try not to do too much too early in the day otherwise I am exhausted for the rest of the day.
  • Flocker1979
    Flocker1979 Posts: 96
    I leave work at five, go home, feed and empty the puppy, hang out with her for a while, then head to the gym around 6:30pm or 7pm. The worst part is getting home so late that when I take a shower I usually go to bed with damp hair. I know I could blow it dry, but I hate to... :blushing:
  • Fr4z
    Fr4z Posts: 26 Member
    It's really whatever suits you....I am an early bird so tend to hit the gym/pool first thing so I can relax in the evening.
  • rlawrimore
    rlawrimore Posts: 72 Member
    For the past several weeks, 9:30PM or later.
  • AshleyNPeters
    AshleyNPeters Posts: 78 Member
    I notice that if I work out early, I eat so much during the day, so I try to work out later in the day.
  • Rosi3
    Rosi3 Posts: 28
    I also to want to try to get up early at 5 and go biking for an hour and a half. But the weather is too bad for that. But so far I work out like as soon as it past nine. Because I try not to eat anything after 8. So when I work out late at night I dont have to worry about eating anything and what I ate for the day will be burned off.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    I too don't have a set routine but I've HEARD that exercising makes you more awake so unless you can get it in earlier than 9pm maybe stick to ams
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    I have tried mornings, but waking early just hurts so what has been working best for me is after work. I stop at the gym or do a couple/few Netflix instant routines.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    In the morning between 5 and 6 am. My mentally exhausting job really does a number on me and after work I just play too many mind games and wind up not working out most of the time. When I do workout in the evenings it's just something random like a quick run or bike ride.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    For the first half of my first round of Insanity, I was working out at 5:00 a.m., getting out the door around 7:15 to go to work. For the second half, because the workouts got longer, I no longer had time for that, so I switched to evening workouts. Now, on my second round of Insanity, I am doing all workouts in the evenings, because I have accepted the truth that (even though I'd prefer to workout in the mornings) I am not going to get out of bed at 5:00 a.m. for the forseeable future. It just hasn't been happening, so back to evenings it is! :)
  • avoisinet
    avoisinet Posts: 14
    I have to work out at night. I have two small boys I have to get ready for school in the morning along with myself so the morning is out of the question. Sometimes I have a hard time falling asleep, but I try to read and that relaxes me enough to fall asleep.
  • christinar2008
    christinar2008 Posts: 51 Member
    I work 7am-4pm and I exercise as soon as I get home. I tried working out in the morning about a year ago and I gave up. I would get so tired around 1 pm. Doing it after work gives me a energy boost and I still have about 5 hrs before bedtime to settle down. You have to do what works for you.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    I workout whenever I can get an hour or two free (which is pretty sporadic). Sometimes it's right after school (2:30-4:00) Other times it's after softball practice (8:30-10:00) and then on the weekends in the mornings (9:00 am -12:30 pm).
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    I'm on maternity leave for the year , but my boyfriend works construction and has crazy long hours when he is at work. I am currently just doing c25k. I run in the mid morning when he isn't working, and usually around 8pm when he gets home from work. i am not early riser. If I had to get up to exercise, I wouldn't. but since I am a night owl, I don't mind late exercise. i still have lots of time to come down from the buzz afterwards in time to go to bed at my regular time.
  • krlaws2
    krlaws2 Posts: 47
    During the work week, I do it after the kids go to bed around 8:30 to 9:00. I try to work out in the morning on the weekends while the kids eat breakfast and then, weather permitting, fit in a walk or something outside with them during the day.
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    What time at night do you workout then?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I've tried the morning workout routine and liked getting it out of the way early, but I'm not a morning person so now I workout right after work on weekdays. On the weekend I sleep later but do my workout in the morning, otherwise I tend to keep putting it off and putting off and sometimes skip it.
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    I leave home at 5.30am every morning (weekdays) and hit the gym at 6am. My gym is at work so its very handy for me then after a long hard day in the office, its home at 5pm for a session with jillian michaels :smile:
This discussion has been closed.