Squats?

Options
Okay question, how would I record squats? It asks for calories burned and how the hell am I gonna know that

Replies

• amylee280
    amylee280 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes I had the same problem - I put all my weight sessoins under cardio and name it 'Weights' and for every 10mins I put 25kcal... I know its more than that put at least I've calculated the minimum possible bcz it depends how much u do, the effort u put in etc...
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I never log my weight training on here, mostly because I view strength training as a hobby and I do it to get stronger and to build muscle rather than to burn calories. I log it in an app called Fitness Buddy so I can track my progress.

A lot of people on my feed just log 1 calories of 'insert what lifts you did' to keep their friends up to date which seems like a good way. I don't think the calories burned are going to make a whole lot of difference to your day so I just view them as bonus calories and stick to the calorie goal with any cardio calories I earn that day.
  • newport3158
    newport3158 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Under strength exercises.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Calories in and out are all estimates. Based on your level of effort, plug in an estimate (I’m 217 lbs, and use 250 calories for an hour of intense lifting, but I only do this so I can eat more protein on training days). If after a few weeks, you’re not getting the results you want, tweak your estimates and charge on.

Congratulations for doing squats!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I record my weight lifting workouts under cardio and estimate the calorie burn. The calorie burn isn't very high - usually only about 200 calories. However, it is good to be able to look back at your tracker and say yes, I meet my goal of consistently doing a minimum of 3 weight work outs a week, etc. (insert your goal).