30 Day Shred DVD - does it work?

Options
I've started the 30 day shred exercise programme. Anyone else done it? Does it work? I've got 70lb to lose so I'm under no illusion that I'll meet my goal in 30 days but am hoping to use the dvd over a longer period to get there.

Replies

• xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes. My focus was toning and I lost 12 inches but I also lost 7lbs.
  • LeeAnn254
    LeeAnn254 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes it does. Lost 5.5inches in a week. Shred plus good eating.
  • Move4Abs
    Move4Abs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It absolutely worked for me and I didn't have a lot to lose. It was the only thing to help me with those last 5 lbs. That said, I was following the meal plan for the most part. I'd make a large batch of dinner and have it for lunch. I loved the program!
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yes, but only if you watch your calories.

You wont end up looking like the ladies on the video though- I think that takes more than 20mins of working out a day!
  • lesliecondon337
    Options
    Does anyone have any idea what to enter the 30 day shred level 1 as in the exercise entry in your diary?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any idea what to enter the 30 day shred level 1 as in the exercise entry in your diary?
    You can google it and find out the burn then in diary create the exercise and input calories and time.
  • OxfordDVM
    OxfordDVM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started last summer when I needed to lose about 35 lbs of post-baby weight. I lost 8 lbs with my first month of 30DS and a better diet (cut out sugary drinks, breads, etc). Since then I have continued to lose (now down 27 lbs!) by using her workouts that I can get on Amazon (I use my iPad for the workouts). I have also done Ripped in 30 (a little rough on my knees, had to substitute some of the moves), 6 Week 6 Pack, and Phase 1 of Body Revolution. Now I just rotate all of those on a monthly basis. Good luck!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It only works as hard as you do. If you add it on top of a calorie deficit and stay consistent, yes, it can help you build a little strength, endurance, and speed up weight loss to some degree.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what kind of shape the DVD is in. A couple of shallow nicks and it'll still probably work. Deep scratches and you're SOL.
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Here's a short review by an MFP member that started with 30 Day Shred. Good results.

http://www.realbodiesrealresults.com/blog/30-day-shred-it-is-the-best-beginner-dvd-out-there
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Love the 30DS! It's pretty much the DVD that helped motivate me to want to do more. I still do it on days where I need to fit in a quick workout. I have found that you don't burn that many calories, but if your just getting started its a great way to begin a workout routine. Stick with it and you will see your strength and endurance improve, then you can challenge yourself to do more.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I think the only workout program you will never benefit from is the one you don't do and Prancercise. I like Jillian's workouts. I think you will, too.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes! It does! But if you get bored easily I would recommend getting another DVD to mix it up with, probably Ripped in 30 or 6 week 6 pack.

I'm doing Body Revolution now and it starts off low impact and very doable. If you have the cash I recommend giving it a shot! :)