I NEED HELP!!! FAT THIGHS AND BUTT! ADVICE PLZ!???

Options
My problem area is my butt and thighs and I hate it. I always feel unporportioned and it shows because I can't wear skinny jeans and my butt never looks right in them. I just wanna be able to slip on a pair of jeans nd be like "I look hot" not "eww" and have to look away. what excerscizes are good for those areas. I was thinking running but its really hot outside this time of year and i have nowhere in my house to put a tredmill. i have a gym membership, but its inconvenient because quite a ways away. Love it if you guys could help me out here!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans suck anyway but you could try some kind of Jillian Michaels video like 30 Day Shred. There are exercise moves on there that would help as well as target your whole body. I would recommend also doing some kind of other cardio as well with that video. GL
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I'm mostly happy with my upper body and stomach, but my thighs, butt and legs seem to hold a disproportianate amount of weight.
    I have found that squats, leg raises, running, and walking are all good ways to tone those areas :)
  • vjt1976
    vjt1976 Posts: 43
    Options
    I have the same problem!! I have been going to the gym and using the hip abductor machine and I walk on the treadmill. I have lost 3" around my hips in 3 weeks. Back in the day I use to do the video buns of steel. This really helped with my buns and hips but too bad it was a VCR tape.
  • SheepyWolf
    SheepyWolf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    omg thank you guys! so glad there are people that have the same problem! I will definitely try some of that stuff!
  • std_10701
    Options
    even i have the same problem of butt and thighs not being in shape! i do skipping and walk because going to gym is not possible at times! Please tell me exercises tht help? i desperately need to loose
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges! Work that booty!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce - your fat will come off slowly, so keep being persistent and consistent with diet and exercise. Women typically store fat round their legs and bum and it'll usually come off these areas last.... Sorry! It does come off eventually though
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Another girl with too much junk in her trunk. I find that squats and lunges really help strengthen my legs/butt - gives me some definition in my quads and lifts my butt. Yoga and pilates for lengthening/tightening. I walk on the treadmill, do stairs and elliptical too, but mostly for calorie burn. I know that the best way I'm going to get them to look better is through diet! I have to lose the extra weight!!

As for skinny jeans...well made clothes that fit you correctly will always be more flattering than cheap thin fabrics that are too small or big. Keep on going! I've lost 21lbs and found that I can now wear skinny leggings at the gym without much lumpiness, but I've got a long ways to go before I'm ready for swim suit season. Thank god for swim skirts!!!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Lower bodyfat percentage, gain muscle mass.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    just wondering can u switch to a gym that is closer? what would be the point in having a membership if its so far u never get to it? can u run outside early morning or late evening when its cooler? theres always a way to make it possible. u just need to do it! good luck im not always great at taking my own advice lol!
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    squats (all types), lunges, step ups, and deadlifts combined with calorie cutting
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce - your fat will come off slowly, so keep being persistent and consistent with diet and exercise. Women typically store fat round their legs and bum and it'll usually come off these areas last.... Sorry! It does come off eventually though

Quoting for emphasis. You can't spot reduce.

You can lose weight through a calorie deficit which will come from a combination of diet and exercise. The fat will come off wherever you are genetically pre-disposed to lose it. At some point it will come off in those areas, but there is no exercise you can do to that will make your butt and thighs leaner. Squats, lunges, etc are great exercises. Do them. But they're not going to make those areas any slimmer. Only a calorie deficit and TIME will do that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,723 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce ANY area of the body by just focusing on exercises for that area. Fat gets reduced systematically and as you lose, they will reduce.
    You SHOULD do a full body workout of some sort to keep muscle all over.
    As for the gym membership and running outside when it's hot....................these are inconveniences, but if you REALLY want this, then you do what it takes. If not, then they are just excuses.
    Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png