Losing too much- dire need

Options
I have upped my calorie intake to over 3300 and am still losing weight. I have my best friends wedding which I am standing in I n two weeks to the day and only have one option for a suit. I need to gain at least 6-7 lbs back so it fits.
Any suggestions, tips, advice?!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Exercise less?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    both of the above!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Take your suit to a tailor.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    See a doctor if it continues. Rule out any diabetes or thyroid problems.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Eat even more.
    Move less.
    Get the suit altered (they can usually do this in about 3 days).
    If it continues after implementing the above, go to a doctor.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    belts and braces
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Eat even more.
    Move less.
    Get the suit altered (they can usually do this in about 3 days).
    If it continues after implementing the above, go to a doctor.

^^ this
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If you have a demanding, manual job or do a lot of exercise you may simply not be eating enough for your activity level. If that is not the case then could you be eating less than you think/overestimating if you are not weighing everything?

I would get the suit altered but if not an option then eating more/exercising less both good options in the short term.

If you are genuinely concerned about continued weight loss eating at that calorie level seeking a professional opinion might be a good idea.

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    5 mcdonnalds a day :-)
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    One milkshake from McDonald's or Burger King. I know someone who did that..and it worked.
  • OperatorJames
    OperatorJames Posts: 16
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's not a health problem such as diabetes or hypo/hyperthyroidism. I see a doctor regularly.

Most likely I underestimated my activity level. I have upped it to very active and see now that to gain I need at least 3700 calories a day. I. Am. Not. Even. Hungry. This should be fun.

And to whomever suggested McDonalds, good idea, but I refuse to eat there. It doesn't taste like anything to me.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and peanut butter
  • DrinkwineMichael
    DrinkwineMichael Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I am eating 3,500+ calories a day and the weight is slow to come on. Smoothies have saved my life. Easy to make, easy to drink down, and loaded with healthy calories. Just had this one, which is about 1,200 calories for 32oz of pure tasty goodness. You can check my profile for more recipes, I have made them public.

Tropical Smoothie (1,191 tasty calories)
    - 2 bananas
    - 4oz raw pineapple (with core, it is extremely good for you)
    - 1oz (about 30) raw almonds
    - 10 oz almond milk
    - 1 apple
    - 2 tbs coconut oil
    - 2 scoops protein powder (I use Gold Standard 100% whey vanilla)

Blend the heck out of it, drink, enjoy! Chocolate and peanut butter, etc, are also great.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    I have the same problem, I am eating 3,500+ calories a day and the weight is slow to come on. Smoothies have saved my life. Easy to make, easy to drink down, and loaded with healthy calories. Just had this one, which is about 1,200 calories for 32oz of pure tasty goodness. You can check my profile for more recipes, I have made them public.

Tropical Smoothie (1,191 tasty calories)
    - 2 bananas
    - 4oz raw pineapple (with core, it is extremely good for you)
    - 1oz (about 30) raw almonds
    - 10 oz almond milk
    - 1 apple
    - 2 tbs coconut oil
    - 2 scoops protein powder (I use Gold Standard 100% whey vanilla)

Blend the heck out of it, drink, enjoy! Chocolate and peanut butter, etc, are also great.

Almond butter might blend better.... And if you want more cals try using coconut milk or full fat dairy instead of almond milk. Sounds yum
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    if you are not trying to lose weight and you are losing quickly, its possible there is a serious underlying medical issue. Even though you see a physician regularly, have you brought up this specific issue with him/her? They may over look these problems unless you say something. Parasites, blockages in the colon, crones disease, diabetes, liver disease, thyroid diseases, any of these could be to blame.
  • f_tothe3rd
    f_tothe3rd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can implement a high calorie shake, do not use ice cream or garbage food.... if you eat crap you will get crap results. Whole grain calorie dence foods.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    f_tothe3rd wrote: »
    You can implement a high calorie shake, do not use ice cream or garbage food.... if you eat crap you will get crap results. Whole grain calorie dence foods.

:huh:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Why would I want to eat stuff out of the garbage bin? That sounds gross.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

Am I an example of 'crap results?' Mmmm?

I don't always eat whole grain calorie dense foods on a bulk. I eat pizza, bagels, wine, whiskey, chocolate, burgers, sushi, french cheeses, additives, preservatives, sat fat, syrup!