how many lsb till noticable?

Options
petraburn
petraburn Posts: 5 Member
How many lbs till i notice something lost 5 sofar however cant notice a change:(

Replies

• Carlala2
    Carlala2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much you weigh so you might see differences before I did, but I've lost 22 lbs so far and can only tell in my face. We can't tell because we see ourselves everyday so small changes don't make a huge difference in the mirror unfortunately lol. Only way I know my body is changing is because my measurements are decreasing.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose. The more you have to lose, the more you'll need to lose before it's noticeable.

You can take pictures every few weeks and compare them to see if you notice changes. Sometimes it's hard to actually see differences day to day because you always see yourself, but pictures side by side are more telling.
  • MaternalCopulator
    MaternalCopulator Posts: 125 Member
    Options
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Take progress pictures and record your measurements somewhere! Like the above said, it's really hard to notice changes in yourself like that when you're looking in the mirror every day. 5 pounds is great though- you're moving in the right direction
  • Fiore_
    Fiore_ Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    30 lbs before it was obvious. Now at 50, people freak out when they see me.
  • rizlah01
    rizlah01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i notice difference in myself roughly every 5kg, belt is up a notch or two, shirts are baggier, face is thinner, etc, etc..... while 5 lbs is a great loss its unlikely you will notice it too much unless you are accurately measuring yourself in CM.......

Once you hit a 5kg loss you will sure notice it though, keep up the good work
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I think other's start to notice at around 10% of your initial starting weight. You will notice sooner in how your clothes fit, how you feel etc.
  • petraburn
    petraburn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay thank for the replies:) taking measurements and pics is a good idea:D
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm 61 pounds down and neither I nor others can see it. My husband and dad have seen it, but they are well aware of my determination. People who don't know that I'm trying to lose weight haven't said anything. I hope you see it much faster than me! However, I can see it in my pictures. So yes, take pictures!
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    People who knew I was losing weight claimed to notice at about 20 pounds or so. I was able to tell the difference in the way my clothes fit within 20 pounds. People that didn't know I was losing weight seemed to start mentioning it around 80 pounds lost. I think people notice earlier than they say something because they don't want to offend you if they are wrong.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Oh and I agree with others. take pictures. I didn't and so wish I had. I lost 105 pounds before taking a full body picture and compared it with old pictures and was shocked at the difference. Looking in the mirror I didn't see myself has looking that much different
  • zap5
    zap5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    people notice at 20, freak out at 50, and dont believe it at 80.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It depends...if you have 100 Lbs to lose, 5 is a drop in the bucket...if you have less to lose, the more noticeable it is.

Also, people don't tend to see these changes in themselves without pictures.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You really can't put a specific number on it. Each person is different with respect to how heavy they are, where the bulk of their weight is concentrated, how they go about losing their weight...we are our own worse critics and it tends to take alot to convince ourselves that we are progressing. I started my journey at 375 lbs so my first 5 or 10 lbs seemed kind of insignificant, but when you put it into perspective, thats two 5 pound bags of sugar in a backpack on your back that you lug around all day every day! Keep pluggin away youngster. You will be amazed. U GOT THIS!!! rm8g00bhyd6k.png
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

OMG your profile pic made me LOL (The one with the donuts, when I clicked on your page the pic changed....)
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I saw big changes after I lost 30 pounds. I'm 5'9.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!