Any 5 ft 9 ladies???

Options
13»

Replies

• 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    tannyb wrote: »
    I'm just under 5'9" (probably like 5'8" and a half) and will be 47 in June.

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? As of this morning 214.5 (started at 319 and have been as low as 198 about a year ago, but have been struggling for the past little while to get and stay on track.)

2) How much would you like to weigh? Probably 160 but I'll be able to tell better when I get closer to goal.

3) How many times a week do you workout? 4-6 (mostly water aerobics 3x a week, running intervals 3-4x a week, but also some biking, hiking, walking, rollerskating, and my favourite, the punching bag, lol.)

4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? My calorie goal is around 1600 (but as I said, I have been struggling as of late.)

5) What your fitness goals are? Running 5k without stopping and without being too winded and to become a better swimmer.

Same age. Same height.
  • svetlay
    svetlay Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Almost 5'9", here goes:

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 149 lbs, started at 176lbs exactly 100 days ago.
    2) How much would you like to weigh? still undecided, my original goal was 135 but I actually wanna do an accurate calculation of BF% and may up it a little. It turns out I might have a small frame for someone tall - I wouldn't ever imagine myself in a size 0 or XS, but I'm already a size SM and a 2 and have 15 to go to my original goal weight.
    3) How many times a week do you workout? Every day, sometimes twice a day. 3x resistance training(with personal trainer), 4x+ cardio(mix of HIIT and steady state.)
    4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? Around 1800, but I do stay very active and burn 2500-2700 based on Fitbit estimates which i find more accurate than MFP logging. Weight loss rate still at around 1.5 - 1.8 per week
    5) What your fitness goals are? Plenty: getting my BF in the teens, finishing my first triathlon with somewhat of a competitive time, getting muscle definition, seeing some abs, doing a pull up, lifitng my bodyweight, to name a few. Ultimately when I reach my loss goal I want to switch to gain mode and might be looking to gain 10 pounds in the next year or so. Fitness goals to me are a moving target and I kind of like them that way.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    5'8 and 33 yr old

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 138
    2) How much would you like to weigh? 135 but not sure. I lift weights so the number is not as much the goal as I would like to drop a size.
    3) How many times a week do you workout? 5-6. 3x lifting, 1x Pilates reformer, 1x yoga and several days of cardio and walking.
    4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? 1960 TDEE method which is only a 10% cut. I get really hungry with any cut higher than that.
    5) What your fitness goals are? Muscle definition, pull up, increasing my lifts

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    5'9" here!
    1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 162.4 at last Friday's weigh in
    2) How much would you like to weigh? 145-150 depending how I look and feel
    3) How many times a week do you workout? 5-6 times a week with a mix of cardio & strength
    4) Calories you are eating a day to lose? 1485+ 2/3 of my exercise calories
    5) What your fitness goals are? I want to be lean and mean with nice muscle definition, and just feel more confident in general. And I want to graduate from knee push-ups.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9"

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 227 lbs. My starting weight was 375.3
    2) How much would you like to weigh? 155-160lbs
    3) How many times a week do you workout? I don't work out, but I work 16-24hrs a week in retail and am in nursing school clinicals twice a week. I am on my feet/walk a fair bit.
    4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? 1340
    5) What your fitness goals are? Right now, nothing specific. With all the weight I have already lost, I have alot more energy and stamina for things like the above, plus hiking, playing with my kids, etc. Eventually I want to take up heavy weight training, but not until I am done with school (graduate in December).

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    another 5'9 here

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 165lbs
    2) How much would you like to weigh? 155 lbs - thought BF % is more important to me than scale weight.
    3) How many times a week do you workout? Stronglifts 3 x per week, run 3 x per week.
    4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? Rest days around 1500, workout days around 1800-2000
    5) What your fitness goals are? To deadlift 2 x bodyweight, crank out a set of pull ups, run 10k without walk breaks. Im hoping to get my BF% below 20%
  • misskenzie63
    Options
    I'm 5'8".
    I am 162 at the moment
    I want to be 135
    I workout 3 times a week & waitress the rest. I'd like to workout more. I'm working on it.
    I'm eating 1,400 calories a day. I will be dropping it to 1200. I take two GNC protein shakes a day to replace two meals.
    I want to be 135 by the end of summer & get toned. I miss being fit.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10"+ with short legs and a very long torso/top heavy

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 211
    2) How much would you like to weigh? 190 (would be overjoyed if I could get to 200)
    3) How many times a week do you workout? 12-13 times...do you mean DAYS? At least 6. I do a lot of exercise for fun more than for weight loss--dancing, gardening, walking. I rarely need to take rest days.

4) How many calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? Currently around 1400 for a slow loss, though I did 1200 for several years. I eat a moderate carb diet, which is medically necessary. I only eat back exercise calories if I burn more than 1500 in a day. I have an extremely low BMR due to metabolic disease, so my numbers are not standard.

5) What your fitness goals are? I probably need new fitness goals as I have pretty much achieved everything that I wanted to do. I can walk a mile in 13 minutes, swim a mile in 30 minutes (backstroke) and I can lift heavy. I can do pull-ups. I have no problem keeping up with professional dancers half my age or making in through a three-day salsa congress (workshops all day, social dancing all night). I try not to run due to a knee injury and fibro pain, but I would like to run a 5K just to prove that I can.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Thank you all for your lovely replies :smile:

I didn't think anyone would even reply back.

It sounds like you are all doing very very well!!! Here's to us tall girls eating well & reaching our goals whatever they may be!!

Keeping working at it and don't give up girls!!

Have a lovely weekend xxxx
  • baronvrinda2014
    baronvrinda2014 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'9 as well, and weigh exactly as much as you do! I want to drop a few pounds because I look bulky due to my big built. I work out about 4 days a week, and am planning to start more intense stuff from the next week.
    Anyone who wants to add me on insta, my id is vrindash. AND I follow back!
  • skysiebaby
    skysiebaby Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'10" :)

1) How much do you weigh at the moment?
    151lb
    2) How much would you like to weigh?
    Aiming to get back down to where I felt healthiest and happiest, and easy to maintain up until 2 years ago, which is 138-140
    3) How many times a week do you workout?
    I walk 2.5 miles a day x 5 days a week (to and from work), run 16 miles a week and strength train an hour a week
    4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk?
    Trying to stick to 1200-1350 as I find this tends works best for me (and mostly eating back exercise cals) but currently on a 2 week 'break' as it was my birthday lol
    5) What your fitness goals are?
    To maintain my current level of fitness, I was a little too skinny a couple of years ago so now incorporate weights alongside my cardio to maintain muscle.
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love hearing stats from other tall ladies!

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? I'm 5'10", 173lbs, definitely pear shaped. I carry most of my weight in my bottom half.
    2) How much would you like to weigh? My goal is 160. A couple of years ago I was running a lot, about 30 miles a week, and my weight went down to 150. I felt awesome, but I think a goal of 160 is much more reasonable for my lifestyle now.
    3) How many times a week do you workout? I do mostly cardio 40 min/5x/week, but I think I'm going to start trying to do less intense cardio and more strength training.
    4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? 1400-1500
    5) What your fitness goals are? I'd like to lose a little bit of weight and try to be as healthy as possible before trying to have a baby with my husband. :-)
  • alexib
    alexib Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'8 & 3/4 (almost there) :)
    1. I want to weigh 135
    2. I want to weigh 125
    3. I haven't been exercising for the past couple of weeks but when I do it between 5-6 days a week
    4. My calorie goal is set at 1725 but I try to stay under that
    5. My goals are to be slim & toned!!
  • kate_19o
    kate_19o Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and have a similar problem, most of my friends are much smaller than me!!
    1) How much do you weigh at the moment? 152lbs
    2) How much would you like to weigh? 145lbs is the first GW I set myself but I'm honestly not too bothered about weight number, I just want to lose body fat and thought this weight was a good start!
    3) How many times a week do you workout? Aim for 4 times a week, usually 3!
    4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? Usually just over 1,500
    5) What your fitness goals are? To be stronger and leaner!
    13006908 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9
    I weigh 173lbs
    I want to weigh about 150. I've gotten as low as 143 before but I'd be happy at 150.
    I run 2-3 times a week, (10k +) and go to a few classes or use insanity.
    My MFP is set to 1200. I eat my exercise kcals if I need them.
    Exercise Goals - a PB at my next race in two weeks. Be at my goal weight to finish a half marathon in July.
  • mrsswisspea
    mrsswisspea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have read each one of these! So amazing to see how diverse our practices, goals and bodies are.

I am 5'9 and 29 years old.

I weigh 203 pounds

My goal is 180, then to re-assess from there. I would love to be in the "normal" BMI range, but that just feels so far off- I have never been "normal". I have weighed at my highest 220, at my lowest 195 since I was 16, and I am an hourglass shape.

I do bikram yoga 3 times a week, and try to walk for an hour (or more) on days that I'm not doing bikram. I used to run 2 times a week, but I had to stop last year, as I went travelling in Southeast Asia and I couldn't do it in the heat (funny as now I love bikram yoga). I have a very light MCL strain at the moment, and a history of injury, so I'm taking it easy for a few days.

I am eating 1830. I eat half of my exercise calories if I need them. Since I started to bikram more steadily (in the last three weeks) I haven't been loosing weight and been going over goal often. I start a new job on Monday, so I'm hoping the extra calories I burn from working and the structure it will give my days will help out.

Exercise goals- to run a 10k, to run a 5k in under 30 minutes, to do a 10 day bikram yoga challenge this summer.
  • jaquada25
    jaquada25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Height:5'7
    Current:173
    Goal:155-160
    # workouts weekly: at gym around 3, but I also do exercises while I'm at work ;)
    Calories a day:1,258. Some days I have to forcus myslef to eat all of them.
    Fitness goal: to get lean and tone up!
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's interesting to see all of your goals and how you are achieving them :)

1) How much do you weigh at the moment? I'm 5'8", 182 lbs started at 200 in January

2) How much would you like to weigh? My goal is 155-160, and see from there. Never been that weight as an adult.

3) How many times a week do you workout? In a normal week 3x badminton, 2x kickboxing, 3x bodyweight training. Actually looking for a gym now to keep progressing.

4) Calories you are eating a day to maintain/lose/bulk? 1900-2000 from TDEE method. I've been losing just over a pound a week for four months now and still going strong. If it's working, don't mess with it!!!

5) What your fitness goals are? Initially was pushups and pull ups, but this morning I just cranked out 50 pushups (on the toes!) and I've been doing one pull-up since last week (YAY!!) Now aiming for 2 pull ups in a row LOL. But overall my goal is to be lean and strong, with all sorts of little goals on my journey :)