HELP.......

Options
Please someone help me, what am I doing wrong???? I exercise everyday for a min of 45 mins and I'm trying to eat right but I;m not losing weight like I should? I've toned up a bit and lost 3 pounds in 1 1/2???? I was told I'm not eating enough calories? Any input would be greatly appricated!!!

Replies

• Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    I know, quit stalking you already lol

I only lose if I eat at LEAST 1800 calories a day while doing TurboFire......I'm 5'7" and weigh 159, does that help?:flowerforyou:
  • byroman
    byroman Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Add calories, but try to add them before 3:00pm. If you dontt eat your excercise calories (or at least most of them), your body goes into survival mode, and won't burn fat.
  • julia23
    julia23 Posts: 87
    Options
    3 and 1/2 it's still awesome!
    You may just not have the right calorie balance that works yet, if you're working out you may not be loosing so much weight because you're building up muscle which weighs more than fat.
    I'm not great on the exercise front and i don't know what you do in your workout but maybe do alternate exercise each day so it's burning off the fat instead of just toning up a certain section ? I.e one day go for a run, next day weights, next day run etc.
    Hope i've been kind of a help!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I looked at your diary it seems some days your at 1200+ and on others your under 1000 ..I would suggest on your low days adding in a nice salad or smoothie just to get those calories in..I dont eat back my exercise calories either but I do try my best to stay around 1200... just try adding 100 calories at a time on your low days ...I know trying to add 400-500 can be intimidating...Good Luck
  • selinaosib
    selinaosib Posts: 3
    Options
    There could be a number of reasons for this. You mentioned that you have toned up so you have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat; you should measure your waist, bust and hip size which will give you a better indication on whether you are losing weight or not and not just base it on what the scales tell you.

Also you may wish to up your cardio, so try longer sessions but 3 times a week, and then 2 resistance training days to help you tone. This should help you shed the weight and tone at the same time.

Remember to monitor fat and sugar intake and not just calories as you can be consuming low calories but high fat and this will have an overall effect on your weight loss.

Hope this helps x
  • michelle2808
    Options
    HAHA not stalking me, your very helpful......I always thought by increasing my calorie too much I wouldn't lose weight? I'm scared to over eat, lol
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    If you are toning up, your muscles may be retaining water. If you are really worried about the scales, you could lower your cards a great deal and up your protein with lean cuts of meat and egg whites. As long as, you drink at least 2 liters of no calorie fluid a day to flush toxins. A high protein diet, helps eliminate a lot of fluid. If you do decide to try more protein, just be sure you slowly introduce more carbs. I have lost 8 pounds in 4 days and have been eating a lot of meat. I never feel deprived because I am always so full. Of course, it is best to take a multi-vitamin when doing this, and consult a doctor if you have had kidney problems in the past.
  • Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    HAHA not stalking me, your very helpful......I always thought by increasing my calorie too much I wouldn't lose weight? I'm scared to over eat, lol

I thought that for a long time too ~ then figured, wth, I'm not losing anyways, so I upped my calories and lost weight that same week!
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options

Losing weight is easy, everyone just need to follow the two simple rules of you need toEAT to lose weight and do lots of CARDIO if you eat healthy that means no cheat days for like two weeks you will start to see lbs come off. Also stay away from any and all processed foods and fruits. Your body requires a MIN of 22mins a day to strenghen your heart because its a muscle and with that said keeping your body fueled is the key to keeping your metoblisim going and not causing your body to shut down and store everything as fat.
  • michelle2808
    Options
    so eating fruit isn't good?? I like to have an orange or an apple? and I'm going to up my calorie intake.

Losing weight is easy, everyone just need to follow the two simple rules of you need toEAT to lose weight and do lots of CARDIO if you eat healthy that means no cheat days for like two weeks you will start to see lbs come off. Also stay away from any and all processed foods and fruits. Your body requires a MIN of 22mins a day to strenghen your heart because its a muscle and with that said keeping your body fueled is the key to keeping your metoblisim going and not causing your body to shut down and store everything as fat.
  • TheBrandon
    TheBrandon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Take your target weight, add the calories it takes to maintain that. Eat those NET calories a day. Drink lots of water, cut out sodium as much as possible. Looking at your diet you have went WAY under your daily calorie amount in one instance. You go into too much of a deficit and your body is going to store what it gets.

1) Eat your net cals everyday. ADD in your exercise, i.e. you work out 45 minutes, you need to eat those calories.

2) Fruit is fine... lots of sugar though.
    so eating fruit isn't good?? I like to have an orange or an apple? and I'm going to up my calorie intake.

• bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Just took a peek at your diary and the first thing that stood out was your carb & protein intake. I would re-adjust your goals to 40%- carbs, 30%-protein, 30%-fat.

Do this: eat MORE lean protein (at least 100g/day) and LESS carbs (no more than 120-140grams/day). Also, lower your sodium & sugar levels, and get your fiber consumption up. Do not exceed 1200cal on days you aren't heavily active. Always underestimate activity, and overestimate calories eaten.

Best of luck!!
  • michelle2808
    Options
    Just took a peek at your diary and the first thing that stood out was your carb & protein intake. I would re-adjust your goals to 40%- carbs, 30%-protein, 30%-fat.

Do this: eat MORE lean protein (at least 100g/day) and LESS carbs (no more than 120-140grams/day). Also, lower your sodium & sugar levels, and get your fiber consumption up. Do not exceed 1200cal on days you aren't heavily active. Always underestimate activity, and overestimate calories eaten.

Best of luck!!
  • michelle2808
    Options
    My carb intake is at 209 a day, but thats from this iste caculating it....how do I change it to lower and so I am more mindful of it....this is all sooooo new to me and Im trying not to get discouraged....everyone has been so helpful :) Can I hire any of you to make my meal plan for the day? ;) lol
  • michelle2808
    Options
    Ok...lol I figured out how to change my carb, fat and protien intake.....I was only going by what the site caculated for me :( maybe this will help!
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    My carb intake is at 209 a day, but thats from this iste caculating it....how do I change it to lower and so I am more mindful of it....this is all sooooo new to me and Im trying not to get discouraged....everyone has been so helpful :) Can I hire any of you to make my meal plan for the day? ;) lol

:)

Go to your home page and select the "Goals" tab under the home tab. Select the green button "Change Goals", then hit custom on the following page. There, under the left column "Daily Nutritional Goals" you will see how your Carbs, etc. are broken down into percentages. Just select the new percentage you would like for each nutrient, and set your daily calories to 1200/day.
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    Ok, great!
  • michelle2808
    Options
    I set my calories to 1300, is that ok too? and carbs 40%, Protein 30% and fat 30%
    Ok, great!
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    Oh, as far as a sample meal plan, this is pretty much what I ate (give or take) for my 11mo/ journey.

B- Quaker Low Sugar Oatmeal Packet (or) 1/2 cup FAGE 0% Greek Yogurt w/ fresh fruit- 120cals

S- Fruit/Veggie serving (or) Coffee (or) 100cal pack- not over 100cals

L- Grilled Chicken Salad w/ light dressing/no-cal dressing (or) Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer (or) Left overs from dinner- not over 300cals

S- Fruit/Veggie serving (or) Coffee (or) 100cal pack- not over 100cals

D- 4oz. broiled Salmon with asparagus & mushrooms (or) 6oz. Grilled Chicken w/ boiled veggies (or) Lean 4oz. steak w/ veggies (or) Rotisserie chicken breast w/out skin and side of vegetables- between 300-500cals

S- Coffee w/ skim milk- 15cals
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    I set my calories to 1300, is that ok too? and carbs 40%, Protein 30% and fat 30%
    Ok, great!

I say try that out for a while and adjust from there! 1300 is a great starting point!