Ketogenic diet and workout

Options
Currently I'm using ketogenic diet and I did workout such as cardio and weight lifting for an hour. But I found my weight has been stagnant for some times. Why?

Replies

• Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    How long have you stalled? Stalls are completely normal.
  • kathriena
    Options
    It has been a month
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Ketogenic diet isn't a magical weight loss program. All diets come down to calories in vs out. How consistently are you logging your foods? Opening your diary would help...
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Options
    The "problem" with a keto diet is that people who start then usually have a woosh of weight loss when they first start, so then they're not losing 2 pounds a day everyone freaks out. The less you have to lose, the less quickly you're going to lose it. Try a carb day to break a stall. I've heard people doing that.
  • kathriena
    Options
    dieselbyte wrote: »
    Ketogenic diet isn't a magical weight loss program. All diets come down to calories in vs out. How consistently are you logging your foods? Opening your diary would help...

I rarely track the food I have consumed. But I started it now..

• kathriena
    Options
    The "problem" with a keto diet is that people who start then usually have a woosh of weight loss when they first start, so then they're not losing 2 pounds a day everyone freaks out. The less you have to lose, the less quickly you're going to lose it. Try a carb day to break a stall. I've heard people doing that.

Will you saying atkinds diet is better than keto?
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Lifting, and exercise in general, doesn't translate fat loss to the scale as often as we'd like. I usually see a big loss once a month and the other 3 weeks is a lot of up and down within a few pounds. If you aren't seeing any reduction in measurements along with no scale loss, then diet is the likely source.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Options
    kathriena wrote: »

I don't think any restrictive diet is the answer.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Start tracking accurately first.
  • kathriena
    Options
    ar9179 wrote: »
    Lifting, and exercise in general, doesn't translate fat loss to the scale as often as we'd like. I usually see a big loss once a month and the other 3 weeks is a lot of up and down within a few pounds. If you aren't seeing any reduction in measurements along with no scale loss, then diet is the likely source.

agree with you. My weight is just like yo yo...

• kathriena
    Options
    W

I don't think any restrictive diet is the answer.

What would you recommend? Any idea?
  • kathriena
    Options

Start tracking accurately first.

yup. That's why km start using this for tracking