HELP Me

Options
Guys i want to know what are the right foods for breakfast lunch and dinner to lose weight and also what are good exercise that you will recommend for me to meet my goal of losing weight?please thanks in advance.

Replies

• myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Think non-processed as much as possible when it comes to what to eat. There isn't really a "right v. wrong" food when it comes to calorie counting and weight loss but substituting highly processed items with fresh fruits, vegetables, lean proteins will make a big impact on your weight loss as well as how you feel.
    For breakfast I make egg&egg white omelets with whatever veggies I see in my fridge (tomatoes and kale/asparagus is my favorite), I also make frittatas full of veggies at the beginning of the week so I can just grab a slice and go.
    For lunch/dinner I eat a lot of boneless skinless chicken breasts, salmon, tilapia, shrimp, and chicken sausage for protein, and I love any and all vegetables. I find buying the steamable freezer veggies are good when you are on the go (and a lot of them are not full of sodium either!) I have cut out a lot of carbohydrates from bread & pasta (just a personal preference) but eating whole grain breads in place of white bread for example is also a better choice.
    Please look at my dairy if you need any meal ideas or have any questions.
    As for exercise, I may not be the right one to answer since my activity level has slowly decreased due to laziness ha ha.
  • camz15
    camz15 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hahaha ok thank you
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    camz15 wrote: »
    Guys i want to know what are the right foods for breakfast lunch and dinner to lose weight and also what are good exercise that you will recommend for me to meet my goal of losing weight?please thanks in advance.

The right foods are the foods you like to eat.

The right foods to eat to lose weight is food in an amount that gives you a calorie deficit.

Good exercise is exercise that you can and will do, and makes you a little exhausted.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything that meets your Calorie and macro goals. I'm having some ice cream for dessert tonight, and it fits perfectly into meeting some of my fat and carb macros.

As for exercise, find something that you want to do. I personally hate exercise and try to get my exercise through incidental walks (such as a quick one-mile lap around my university's green before a class, making myself walk to the furthest Starbucks on campus instead of the one that is a block away, going to the student center across campus for a snack instead of the one that is five minutes away, etc).
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with what myuk said, "fresh fruits, vegetables, lean proteins" I start my day with either a protein shake made from silk milk and fruit or a breakfast sandwich of egg white, turkey bacon and smart bread. I find a lean protein filled breakfast makes for a better day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I need fat. I eat mostly fatty sources of protein.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    For weight loss it's all about calories. The food choice doesn't technically matter, unless you have dietary restrictions due to a medical condition.

But from a satiety and health standpoint, food choice does matter. And satiety is very important when losing weight.

Eat a balanced diet of foods you enjoy, while maintaining a calorie deficit. Blanced as in a variety of nutrients, a few treats for pleasure. It sounds simple, and it is, though it is not always easy.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    For weight loss only considerations you can eat anything you want but eat less calories than you burn.

Walking is an excellent exercise for the beginner, no expensive equipment, can be done anywhere/anytime, and minimal risk of injury.