Need friends and support network!

Options
nablackb
nablackb Posts: 28 Member
edited April 2015 in Getting Started
Getting back on the road to a healthy lifestyle is extremely hard for me. I've noticed I'll be good to go for a few weeks then quit. My husband is a mechanic so he often comes home tired and doesn't want to go to the gym with me which makes it that much easier for me to say no. Please help me reach my goals and be the support network I don't have at home! Another trouble I've noticed is since we've gone from 2 cars to 1 and carpooling it's that much harder to get the motivation.

Replies

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'll add you. I know it's hard, but what I've learned is that you have to make it a priority, then eventually it becomes a necessity. Even if you can't get to the gym, just doing something active every day helps. Dance while you clean house, walk home the long way, take the stairs instead of an elevator. Get those extra steps in! There are lots of great videos on YouTube too. Make it a goal to do one every day.
  • ebethnoel
    ebethnoel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm the same way. I do great few a few weeks then losw my motivation and I bail. I don't have a gym membership but I do try to stay active during the day, dancing around, extra trips up and downtge stairs, and I make sure I walk my kids to and from school every day. It really helps keep me in the proper mindset. I'd be happy to add you.
  • usaldf
    usaldf Posts: 2
    Options
    welcome to myfitnesspal ive I love it helps keep me stay focused and not loose site of my goals just counting n being more aware of what you eat you can loose weight I have friends who I recommended this app to n have lost just counting hope you get to reach your goal