How do you log Beachbody videos?

Options
Just wondering what everyone does, since they aren't found in the database. I'm sure it depends on which video (Brazil Butt Lift vs T25, etc) but looking for suggestions!

Replies

• NEWMEKELLIB
    NEWMEKELLIB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    also for 21 day fix extreme
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. That's really the only way to somewhat accurately record ANY exercise calories. No way that pre-programmed data on a computer can determine the effort you gave each minute of the workout.
  • colejkeene
    colejkeene Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    H_Factor wrote: »
    Get a heart rate monitor. That's really the only way to somewhat accurately record ANY exercise calories. No way that pre-programmed data on a computer can determine the effort you gave each minute of the workout.

^^^ This.

I was trying to calculate my 21 Day Fix work outs but it wasn't until I got the Fitbit Surge (with HRM) that I started being able to really measure ALL of my workouts. It's made a huge difference (and I learned my calorie burns are way higher than I thought!).
  • stay_co
    stay_co Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's what I thought. I've asked to get a Fitbit Charge HR for my birthday, so I guess I'll just have to estimate for now. Better to guess low than high!
  • mayraj01
    mayraj01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I searched on the web for the insanity workout calorie counter and I used one of the multiple ones I found. I don't think it's as accurate but it gives an estimate based on the intensity and time of the workout session. I use the low intensity and record that.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I just log it as half time as cardio.
  • ChristinePearlFNP
    ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use my polar heart rate monitor. I start at the beginning and end when Shaun T says time on T25! Then I log it as "cardio" and make my own exercise and log the calls my HRM says. Hope that helps.
  • TammyToes03
    TammyToes03 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been logging as cardio strength training.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MFP uses general categories because calorie burns are just estimates.......

For an estimate log exercise under cardiovascular.....

Some categories are: strength training - circuit training (this is cardio with some strength training thrown in) - cardio (high or low impact) - Yoga.

HRMs are designed for steady state cardio....not Hiit, not circuit training, not strength training.
  • smidjy
    smidjy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using the "cardio-circuit training,general" for my PUMP, RIPPED and BodyCamp classes.
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I also just log all my DVD workouts as circuir training since they are all strength and cardio combined.
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I add the names in to my list for each BB workout and use my HRM for my true calorie burn, I also wear my fitbit 24/7 except to shower.
  • RavenNevermore15
    RavenNevermore15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I always create an exercise and name it whatever routine I did and then log the calorie burn.
  • ForStMicheal
    ForStMicheal Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    my approach was to simply set my calorie intake to what was recommended in the nutrition guide, and not bother logging the exercise.

its all an estimate anyway... so doing it that way doesn't hurt much and saves a logging step