When you think you are doing everything right but not working, what did you change?

13»

Replies

• grace4u2receive
    grace4u2receive Posts: 333 Member
    How Do You Know if You’re Toxic?

The role of toxins and detoxification in health has been largely ignored by medicine. Thankfully, scientists and practitioners are starting to recognize its importance in health.

Many of you probably have symptoms of chronic toxicity that you don’t label as being toxic. If any of these sounds familiar, keep in mind that detoxifying might be critical for you to get healthy and feel good again:

Fatigue
    Muscle aches
    Joint pain
    Sinus congestion
    Postnasal drip
    Excessive sinus problems
    Headaches
    Bloating
    Gas
    Constipation
    Diarrhea
    Foul-smelling stools
    Heartburn
    Sleep problems
    Difficulty concentrating
    Food cravings
    Water retention
    Trouble losing weight
    Rashes
    Skin problems
    Eczema
    Psoriasis
    Canker sores
    Acne
    Puffy, dark circles under your eyes
    Premenstrual syndrome
    Other menstrual disorders
    Bad breath

In a healthy body, the process of detoxification runs smoothly. When we are toxic, though, the mechanism for detoxification in the liver gets sluggish, and certain toxins can remain active longer than we want or than our systems can handle. This makes us sick and impedes normal metabolism. It also causes fluid retention, bloat, and puffiness.

If you are overweight, you are toxic by definition because most environmental chemicals like pesticides and plastics are stored in your fat tissue. As you lose weight, you need to flush out the toxins that get released from your fat tissue. Otherwise, they can poison your metabolism and impair weight loss.

Excessive weight and obesity aside, nearly every disease on the planet has links to toxicity, including dementia, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, food allergies, and digestive issues.
    Taken from Mark Hyman, M.D.

There is a group of us walking through SUPER clean eating starting May 1st, and starting to prepare today. Just a time to Spring Clean our bodies and reset our liver and colon to do their job better. Here is the MFP group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103019-revitalized-bodies

This type of eating (super clean) is also known as a detox. You might be asking why would I need to detox? One of the things that you have to give up is sugar all types, even natural kinds. Learning about this substance and how it is more addicting than cocaine. Can answer the question, but there are more reasons it is important.

This type of eating stopped my yo-yo effect on my weight and helped me to drop weight for good too get to my weight loss goal! I did it to lose weight originally, but was amazed at how I felt afterward!

35813963.png

You can eat super clean and still see significant weight loss without exercising. If you exercise while eating super clean, it only enhances more weight loss.

Let's get healthy and stay healthy!
  • qwertymmii
    qwertymmii Posts: 34 Member
    Have you had your thyroid levels checked? I had a friend who was on Wight Watchers and gained weight. Her doctor did not believe her but when she showed him her food logs so he then checked her thyroid and put her meds. It all started to come off. She made it to goal and is now a leader for W.W.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Ugh please stop with the sugar/toxins crap.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    I simply cut my daily calorie allowance which tipped me from glacial rate of loss to the expected/desired rate of loss.

It appears that either:
    1) My actual TDEE is lower than calculators estimate.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Seriously, TDEE says that to keep my current weight I should eat 2400. If I eat 2000, I don't lose anything, and I'm pushing it with 1750.

OP, I suggest try out different things (for a few weeks at a time, of course...give your body time to adjust and figure out if the new thing will work or not) to see what works best for YOU. I still do this....and I've been actively losing weight for almost 2 years.

• kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    I dropped my carbs to under 20g a day. Lost 108 pounds in less than 9 months. I have a lot of weeks where I don't lose anything, sometimes I will even gain a little, but then eventually I'll get a whoosh and lose a lot in one week. Everyone's body is different and you just need to figure out what works best for you. You also have to figure out what you can stick to for life. Maybe, have your thyroid checked as well.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Did have my thyroid checked and came back borderline, so might be why it is so hard for me to lose. Not prescribed any medication though so will just have to keep trying.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    For me it was upping activity. I got a Fitbit and started moving a LOT more, not just walking, I just stopped sitting so much. I also stopped eating at the 1200 cal level. I started losing at the rate I had MFP and Fitbit set for, the last couple of weeks, now that I am about 15 lbs from my goal that rate is slowing ever so slightly and I think it is because my cardio has improved so much but I am still doing the same things. I am going to add strength training and a couple of days of HIIT to my weeks. That should get me where I want to go by the end of summer.

I have to agree with the person who stated stress has a strong effect. When I was still working I had 12 hr. days in front of the computer and was not losing. Now that I am retired, the stress has declined dramatically, and I had started to lose, then stalled out end of last year, that is why I went for the Fitbit, I need something to motivate me to move.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!