No Carb Snacks

Options
Hey all,

I'm looking for some ideas for simple no carb snacks. I really like to be able to have a snack at the end of the evening as long as I'm still in my calorie goals for the day, usually something really "snacky", either sweet or salty, like popcorn or puffcorn, sugar free pudding, "dessert" yogurt, chex mix, etc. But a lot of times I've already met my carb goal for the day and want something without or with very low carbs. I'm struggling to think of many snack ideas though without carbs. I'm not thinking like a string cheese or anything, cause that's part of my usual day diet, and this is kind of a reward at the end of the day. Any ideas?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Raw chocolate made with coconut oil, or cacao butter, raw cacao and stevia.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    If you know you want dessert, why don't you pre plan your day so you can fit in whatever you like though? I know I want dessert, and often eat less early in the day to allow for it.
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I usually have between 100-200 calories left for a snack. Sometimes a bit more, but usually then I have enough carbs left for my usual snacks.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Protein mousse or custard? You can get protein (casein based I think) that mix with water in to a thick mousse or custard dessert....

But again, I'd just factor in a dessert early in the day and make the rest of my day fit
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Pork scratchings or cheese would both work

(if you don't mind the fat content)
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do usually try to save calories for the end of the day snack, but sometimes my meals end up being at or over my carb limit, so I was just trying to come up with some ideas.

Thanks so far!
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    nuts, cheese, beef jerky, roasted sunflower seeds
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    string cheese, dark chocolate squares, whipped cream with cocoa in it, berries and cream, pepperoni, celery & pb
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple things I came up with off the top of my head (you'll have to double check the carb content because I'm not exactly sure on a couple of them!):
    - A couple pieces of celery, sliced, with Peanut or Almond Butter on top
    - Quest protein bar (they are so yummy! If you warm them up in the microwave for about 7 seconds they are like a gooey brownie or dessert! They have only about 3-5 grams net carbs!)
    - A square or two of dark chocolate
    - A quarter cup of nuts (always go for raw and unsalted if possible)
    - REGULAR Greek yogurt (the low-fat/light ones have added sugar=added carbs!) Add a little cinnamon for sweetness
    - Fresh berries

Hope those helped. Or, as someone else mentioned, you could have something with less carbs, such as a salad with protein and a vinaigrette dressing for one of your meals, and then save some carbs for your night time snack :) Good luck!
  • marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    PB2 blended with plain Greek yogurt or sour cream and vanilla, sugar free hot cocoa, spoonful of artisans coconut butter, ricotta cheese with a small spoonful of lemon curd, egg custard, meringue cookies, Eden organic pumpkin seeds
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Epic bars
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Canned chicken and fish, almond butter and peanut butter.
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds -chicharones
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts. Mmmm......
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I eat a couple of pieces of 85% dark chocolate every night... 4.2g of carbs per 25g.