Toenail Fungus treatments?

Options
2»

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem for years. I took the lamisil pills years ago, it cleared it up and then three or so years ago it came back. I tried all the home remedies-Vicks vapor rub, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, a few over the counter topicals. Not one worked. I also was referred to a podiatrist who took a sample of the fungus and tried to culture it to determine the best course of treatment, and they couldn't get the fungus to grow in the lab, so the doctor didn't know what to do!
    In the warm months when I can wear sandles, I buy the funkiest bandaids I can find and wear that over the nasty toe. I've got Avengers bandaids right now :smiley:
  • Padzster
    Padzster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Vicks Vaporub worked for me. Far cheaper than the standard treatments and very effective. You still have to wait for your nail to grow out, but you can see the new fresh nail growing fungus free below it. Google it. The stuff is great for all sorts of conditions.
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A nurse I know told me to try Nizerol (think that's how you spell it) - medicated shampoo. Put it on the nail every day with a Qtip - cleared mine up.
  • ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of luck using tea tree oil to treat athlete's foot - that might also help your toenail.