Navy training and weight loss

Options
So I don't usually post to this stuff, I usually am more of a I'll figure it out my self kind of person, but it seems as though if struck a wall. But here goes nothing,
I'm 22 and enlisted in the navy, I've been working out for about 3 months now, and I started at 210 lbs which is the heaviest I've ever weighed. I now had gotten down to 197-195 and my goal is to get to 185 for boot camp. I run at east 30 minutes which is usually around 3 miles for me at a steady pace everyday, and do regular strength training involving 3 sets of 12 or a medium- jea tosh weight(because I obviously still want a summer body not just to be awkwardly skinny) I'm almost 6 ft and 185 would have me in my
Weight range. My problem is I won't go any lower then what I'm at now, and my gut continues to persist. I'm still doing my thing but can't drop anymore weight, what could I be doing wrong?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calorie intake?
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You can't out exercise a bad diet.
  • kmcc144
    kmcc144 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food? I stopped losing weight for months and couldn't figure out why until I started weighing my food. You'd be surprised the difference it makes!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, the Navy will find your ideal weight. Many people gain weight in boot camp.

Thanks for volunteering.