PB2

Options
DeadsAndDoritos
DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
I recently bought some PB2 for the first time and haven't used it yet. I've had a look online and on the boards for recipes, but would really appreciate some more ideas. How do you use it?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I've used it in These Brownies and they were REALLY good. Honestly though I like to mix it up, add mini chocolate chips and eat with a spoon. It's also good mixed in sesame noodles to make a kind of peanut noodle, or with celery and raisins, a la "ants on a log"
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I make peanut butter cups with it .. essentially you can replace normal peanut butter with it ..
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    I've used it in These Brownies and they were REALLY good. Honestly though I like to mix it up, add mini chocolate chips and eat with a spoon. It's also good mixed in sesame noodles to make a kind of peanut noodle, or with celery and raisins, a la "ants on a log"

Thanks. Those brownies look great. I was thinking mostly about baking when I bought it so will have to give those a try.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I have stirred some into some vanilla yogurt. Tastes like peanut butter pudding. Yum!
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    Options
    I haven't actually eaten much peanut butter before but I recently found that I really like peanut butter flavoured protein bars, so thought I'd add some peanut butter flavour to other things.

• venekia
    venekia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make a pb2 and banana spinach smoothie every morning.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    Options
    Definitely have to try it in yoghurt. Or even quark. Maybe make a cheesecake. Starting to get inspired now. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and oatmeal for me.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Peanut sauce for a Thai inspired dish.
  • kandieclavea
    kandieclavea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used PB2 in my Dr. Gray's MarsVenus Super Food Shakes for Women (chocolate) along with a banana. Super Y•U•M•M•Y!!!
  • tshuk00
    tshuk00 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Personally I found reconstituted PB2 to be really gross. Putting it in things for the flavor is pretty nice though- I add it to my protein shakes sometimes (chocolate protein + PB2 + banana!) and I've heard of adding a bit to things like brownies or cookies flavors it nicely without having a weird texture.
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i mix it in my instant oatmeal and in vanilla yogurt
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    More like, what CAN'T you use it in?! I found this stuff a couple of years ago and I love it (not reconstituted, though). I use the powder in almost anything that I want pb in. I have an AWESOME peanut butter bar recipe that I sometimes make when I 'need' something bar-like. It consists of natural pb and PB2.

Besides that, I use in oatmeal, smoothies, cottage cheese, yogurt, protein sludge, homemade ice cream, and the list goes on. I know it still has sugar in it, but when I use it that is the last thing I'm thinking about! :)
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Peanut sauce for a Thai inspired dish.

This is one thing I haven't yet tried though - what else do you put in it? It sounds like it would be great!
  • jessicadb2
    jessicadb2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    sucampbeN wrote: »
    I recently bought some PB2 for the first time and haven't used it yet. I've had a look online and on the boards for recipes, but would really appreciate some more ideas. How do you use it?

I just use it plain with some water. I think it is pretty tasty. It is also good on top of bread, with celery, or on pancakes. Some use it with whipped cream and make a peanut butter dessert that is low in calories. I haven't tried that yet because I don't usually have whipped cream around the house. Oh, and sometimes I make hummus with it instead of tahini because I like the flavor of it better.

• DeadsAndDoritos
    Options
    jessicadb2 wrote: »
    Oh, and sometimes I make hummus with it instead of tahini because I like the flavor of it better.

Ooh, that sounds interesting!
  • iamfashiontribes
    iamfashiontribes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Adding some to non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt w/ a sliced banana makes a yummy breakfast.
  • jdyubergeek
    jdyubergeek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For a decadent dessert, I mix pb2, cinnamon and cottage cheese together.
  • catcamx3
    catcamx3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also use the chocolate PB2. Most often I just add some to my shake in the morning for the protein. It works much better than adding traditional peanut butter and obviously is healthier. An average shake for me is vanilla but unsweetened Almond milk, plain or chocolate PB2, spinach or kale, a chunk of cucumber, a frozen banana, sometimes celery, sometimes some flax or hemp hearts, sometimes a tablespoon of local raw honey and some ice.