Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    11liexl.jpg

Or I get the ice cream maker out and make all kinds of different ice cream
    11glyt5.png
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Arctic Zero makes a pretty good ice cream if you like maple. Their flavors tend to have a maple undertone to it, which is kinda weird for the chocolate ones. Still, if you like maple, it's worth it.

also, the giant pictures are really annoying. Don't know if it's just displaying that way on my screen. ><
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    11liexl.jpg

11glyt5.png

Marry me?

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    11liexl.jpg

11glyt5.png

Marry me?

Can we just live in Ice Cream/Gelato sin? I don't wanna risk losing the husband's pension :)
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    I used to do skinny cow or weight watchers single serve ice cream bars or sandwiches. Now I also have single serve Klondike bars but they are 240 calories. for me it must be single serve I have a hard time controlling myself and getting only a half cup out of a large container
  • PeachyCarol
    11liexl.jpg

11glyt5.png

Marry me?

Can we just live in Ice Cream/Gelato sin? I don't wanna risk losing the husband's pension :)

Totally fine with me. That stash is a thing of beauty. :heart:

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    I used to do skinny cow or weight watchers single serve ice cream bars or sandwiches. Now I also have single serve Klondike bars but they are 240 calories. for me it must be single serve I have a hard time controlling myself and getting only a half cup out of a large container

Same here. I don't buy large packs of any sweet stuff for the most part anymore. If I do, like jelly beans for this Easter, I'll take them home and rebag the single servings to make it easier to not eat to much without noticing!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Honestly for the calorie difference with Skinny cow etc I'd rather just have the real thing. I actually threw away the Weight Watchers bars I had bought... not even worth the calories.

Breyer's doesn't do it for me either but I really like Edy's slow churned.

I avoid B&J and Haagen Dazs because of the high calories (I have some in the freezer but only eat them a little bit at a time), and typically eat Talenti too, as it's delicious and satisfying for up to 1/3 less calories. I like the Breyer's Gelato a lot actually but they're never on sale...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Honestly for the calorie difference with Skinny cow etc I'd rather just have the real thing. I actually threw away the Weight Watchers bars I had bought... not even worth the calories.

Breyer's doesn't do it for me either but I really like Edy's slow churned.

I avoid B&J and Haagen Dazs because of the high calories (I have some in the freezer but only eat them a little bit at a time), and typically eat Talenti too, as it's delicious and satisfying for up to 1/3 less calories. I like the Breyer's Gelato a lot actually but they're never on sale...

If you have a Safeway, they've had the Breyer's Gelato on sale, and then they give you deals on their app, too. I loved the Triple Chocolate, but that's the only one I've had of theirs.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Chapmans frozen yogurt in vanilla caramel and chocolate chunk. Not because it's low cal or anything, when we bought it we originally thought it was just regular ice cream, the hubs was so sad when he saw it was yogurt but now it's one of our ultimate favorites when our grocer has it in stock.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    I don't know where you are, but a friend of mine eats Publix brand Espresso Chip frozen yogurt a lot. I finally got a chance try it when I went to Florida, and now I wish I lived near a Publix. Only 120 calories in a serving, and it sure didn't taste that low.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed in you guys. No one mention frozen mashed bananas

Or Arctic Zero.

My favorite is the one who said cottage cheese & some other weird combination.

It was grape jelly. That was the thread where we had about 15 pages of frozen bananas suggestions when the OP specifically asked for alternatives that were not frozen mashed fruit. Also the same thread where I was called "crabby butt" and where we were likened to a gang and the name Ice Cream Wolves was born...
  • WinoGelato
    ml8tihq5gcgt.jpg

180 calories.

You are really starting to make me sad posting all these flavors I can't get. Other than the B&J and the Talenti Butter Pecan - I haven't been able to find any of the others you posted. womp womp...

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Get yourself some habitual teeth grinding and a crappy dentist and you'll never have to worry about ice cream again :(
  • WinoGelato
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    The little mini Rolo pops, 120cals. I have sensitive teeth, so anything bigger becomes an ordeal, not a pleasure.

What are these Rolo pops of which you speak? Is this some sort of sorcery/witchcraft?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    onn3rzssl409.jpg
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    The little mini Rolo pops, 120cals. I have sensitive teeth, so anything bigger becomes an ordeal, not a pleasure.

What are these Rolo pops of which you speak? Is this some sort of sorcery/witchcraft?

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    ml8tihq5gcgt.jpg

180 calories.

You are really starting to make me sad posting all these flavors I can't get. Other than the B&J and the Talenti Butter Pecan - I haven't been able to find any of the others you posted. womp womp...

Today's purchase.
    101la15598aj.jpg

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Most ice creams are low calorie if you only have a serving. Most are around 150cals per serving as long as you avoid the flavors that are filled with candy and/or nuts.

There are low calorie fudge pops out there and Breyer's has this really awesome 100cal per serving butter pecan... if you're into that sort of thing.
  • PeachyCarol
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed in you guys. No one mention frozen mashed bananas

Or Arctic Zero.

My favorite is the one who said cottage cheese & some other weird combination.

It was grape jelly. That was the thread where we had about 15 pages of frozen bananas suggestions when the OP specifically asked for alternatives that were not frozen mashed fruit. Also the same thread where I was called "crabby butt" and where we were likened to a gang and the name Ice Cream Wolves was born...

Cottage cheese and grape jelly?

You know, I've managed not to throw up yet with this flu.

Thinking of this might just push me over the edge.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    PiSquared wrote: »
    I love the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. Particularly mint. Snickerdoodle was my favorite, but alas, that flavor has been discontinued. I'm also a fan of Edy's Outshine bars in Creamy Coconut (the coconut water wasn't as good. I missed the creaminess). Also, the Weigh Watchers Giant Latte bars are good when I want a coffee ice cream fix. I try to stick with pre-portioned bars because I have a serious problem with portion control. One bar, one serving.

I do sometimes get a half gallon of frozen yogurt. Hood has a decent selection of low fat/fat free frozen yogurt. I like the vanilla bean. Top it with fruit and whipped topping for a decadent treat. If I have enough calories left, I may even use a scoop to go with pie or brownies. As a special treat, I made a batch of pecan blondies, and served them a la mode with the vanilla bean frozen yogurt. It was delicious!

When did they discontinue it? I just bought a package last month.