What time do you eat breakfast?

Options
I am asking this because I was eating breakfast as soon as I get up. The time between breakfast and lunch seemed too long and I was getting hungry well before lunch. So, I adjusted my eating tim to between 9 and 10 and I am so much better. Any thoughts, ideas?

Replies

• RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It varies, but on a normal day between 9-10:30am. It works best for me to eat later in the morning rather than when I first get up.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat when it works for you. It looks like between 9 and 10 is that time.

I eat around 7:30 during the week, which is about 2 hours after I get up. Then I eat lunch at 12:30. On the weekend I eat around 8:30 or 9 and still eat lunch at 12:30.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wake up at 07:00, done doing whatever by 07:40. I usually eat at around 07:45. I don't get hungry till about 12:20, which is just before my lunch.

• Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast because I don't have an appetite until around noon. Lunch is my first meal of the day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Sometimes 7, sometimes 9:30-10. It all depends on my schedule for the day.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Coffee when I first wake up at 7:30am, then half my breakfast at 10am, other half at 11:30am.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I usually wake up around 5 or 5:30 and eat breakfast about 8:45. I always have diet coke or coffee in that time frame though.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    my NUT advises to eat breakfast within 2 hrs of getting up with lunch within 4 hrs. if going to be longer than that he recommends a snack at about the 2 hr point. same rules for time between lunch and dinner
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    that should be lunch within 4 hrs after breakfast
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is lunch.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    I am asking this because I was eating breakfast as soon as I get up. The time between breakfast and lunch seemed too long and I was getting hungry well before lunch. So, I adjusted my eating tim to between 9 and 10 and I am so much better. Any thoughts, ideas?

Do what works for you.
    I eat about an hour or two after waking. I am not hungry right away. The time I eat varies. Usually I have 3-5 hours between breakfast and lunch.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Between 9:30-10 am.

I'm not a big breakfast fan, so my idea of breakfast is fruit, yogurt & tea w/honey.
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am up at 5. Have a protein drink on my way to work around 6:15. Then have a Yogurt between 9 and 10. Lunch is between 12:30 and 1.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    As soon as I wake up at 7:30, I have 1tbsp of olive olive and 1 cup of water with vinegar and lemon juice. After 1 hr I have an apple and greek yogurt.
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    7:30 usually, always 1/2 cups of Quaker original oatmeal (150 calories) and a banana (110 calories)

Lunch is 12 pm, so usually 2 cups of peaches (160 calories), Quaker 100 bar of something or another, 2 slices of turkey oscar meyer (35 calories each) and 35 calorie wheat bread

Dinner is usually where all the rest of my calories come in
  • kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat breakfast later than I do. 5.15 if I'm working, 6.30-7ish if I'm not.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    When I get around to it. 9, 10. Some days, I don't get around to it.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast soon after getting up, after showering, getting dressed, and getting myself ready for the day. For me, this is somewhere around 7am most days, just before leaving for work. I eat a small snack around 10 (usually a banana), and this generally tides me over until lunch. Lunch is at noon, and then I will usually have another piece of fruit (like an orange or an apple) late in the afternoon, around 3pm or so. That will tide me over until dinner around 6:30.
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to workout at 6, and am at my desk by 8, which is when I eat breakfast looking at morning email. Yogurt and go lean crunch on weight lifting days, oatmeal and blueberries on 2 cardio days, and a home made muffin on cardio day Wednesday. Each with a cup of joe and an oj.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When I'm hungry! Sometimes it's going to be 6am, sometimes 9am, typically it's around 7am though, about 30 minutes to one hour after I wake up (I typically don't eat after 7pm).