Goal for two months time?

Options
Looking for some guidance. I want to set a goal that's reasonable and doable, I have an event mid-June so about 8 weeks.

I'm 5'4", 170lbs. My job is in retail which is active but I only work 2-3 days/wk so my activity level is closer to sedentary. I don't have access to gym but I have places to jog and walk, and home workouts.

With that in mind, any idea what I could lose? Cause I'm just not sure.

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    What you could lose really depends on how much you eat and how much you exercise.
  • dserp22
    dserp22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you're on top of your calorie count and add in decent amounts of exercise, it's totally possible to lose a pound or two pounds a week. So maybe 10-15 lbs?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    6-8 pounds, maybe more if you lose a good chunk of water weight in the beginning
  • Nyappykim
    Nyappykim Posts: 57 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You could probably lose 3-5 lbs in the first week from just dropping water weight. If you are consistently honest with your logging as well as weighing and measuring everything you eat so you consume the amount of calories MFP tells you to consume while squeezing in some time to exercise, you could lose another 8-10 lbs at least.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    The weight loss part is going to come from a caloric deficit. If you're just starting, you can expect to drop 3-6 pounds of water, then about a pound a week.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Don't think about the 2 months thing. The minute you set yourself an end date, you've already set yourself up for failure.

You're not dieting; you're making a lifestyle change. It's permanent. There's no end date.

By all means, set yourself calorie goals or weight loss goals. But don't focus on the time frame.
  • Lady_Grell
    Lady_Grell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My personal goal for 2 months is to weigh less than I do now. I would worry that if I said I wanted to lose X amount of pounds by a certain time period, I'd be disappointed if I wasn't able to do so. Can you lose? Absolutely, but no one knows for certain exactly how much in what time frame. Just do you best!